Thread: How to install LMDE

How to install LMDE

I have just come across the LINUX MINT 10 and was about to make the installation of this there. Now I have seen that there is some thing called as Linux Mint Debian Edition. Now I think that I should really go with this. So please let me know if there are some of the steps that I will have to go with so that the steps here can be recovered. Please let me know about this. In addition to that also let me know some of the more things about the LMDE.

Re: How to install LMDE

Welll you will be required to first have the LMDE downloaded and after that you will have to burn the downloaded iso image to the CD and then go with the installation. All you will be required to do is get in burned and then proceed with the installation of the operating system in the manner as you proceed with the installation of the other Operating System. Proceed with the steps and see for the options that you come across.

I have just come here to describe some of the things for the LMDE and here is the thing that you will be required to see for there. Let me tell you that you will have the LMDE but at the same time you will not at all have the compatible with Debian as well as the Ubuntu here. Hope that this will solve the issues that you are having here. I would really say that it will be better if you can go with the LINUX MINT.

Ok I want to have the solution in the case that I had presented above and here is the issue of mine. I was able to make the successful download and after that I was even able to make the burn. No issue at all there. But after I tried to proceed with the installation I have seen that the installer begins with no difficulty. But I am stuck with the issue while configuring the configuring bootloader. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated here.

Well the issue that you have presented here seems to be because of the unfinished installation. If I am correct then it will be better if you can reboot the system and then go with the installation and see if that can really solve the issue that you are having here. While doing that see if you can see if you select not to install the bootloader/GRUB there. At the time of the installation of the LMDE you will be required to mount the partition there and hence you will be required to edit the /target/etc/default/grub. Run the following command: GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true.

If you want to install LMDE on your system then let me tell you that you can have this done and the process is very simple. The installation process is really easy and the intuitive, much like Ubuntu. The first thing is to get the . iso LMDE. The size of the .iso file is more than 800 MB and hence you will be required to burn the .iso LMDE on the DVD. If you do not want to get it on the DVD then you can also go with the USB drive but for this then you will have to use the UNetbootin. Proceeding with the installation; reboot the PC and tell it to boot from our USB device. Let it get loaded; and after sometime it will show desktop by default. IN order to begin you will have to click the desktop icon that says Install Linux Mint. Then it will ask you to make choice of the LANGUAGE. You can choose the ENGLISH language. Afterwards start the installation process, where the partitions on your hard drive will be in color. In order to select / and / home, right click on them will be required to make. Afterwards you will have to put full name, username and password. The system starts to install. The installation of LMDE will take less than 10 minutes.