Thread: Linux mint10 always asks password after waking from sleep mode

Linux mint10 always asks password after waking from sleep mode

I am working on a Linux based system from last few weeks and everything is fine with it. But one thing is worrying me a lot that is whenever my system goes in sleep mode then after the time of bringing the system in the normal mode the system asks me the password again and again. Earlier such things were not happening and now it has started giving this problem. So please let me the proper solution for the same. Is there is anyone who has gone through this issue if yes then please let me know how I can solve the problem here.

Re: Linux mint10 always asks password after waking from sleep mode

The problem that you are facing is the common problem which is being faced by the Linux users on regular basis. Now to solve the same you have to do is just go to the screen saver preferences and to go there you have to just go to menu and select preferences and in that you will find the screensaver once you have selected the screensaver then there you will find a check box which is preceded by "Lock screen when screensaver is active" you have to uncheck the same at that very particular moment.

Well I guess I can help you to solve the problem in this case, and to get rid of this irritative issue you have to press ALT+F2 and then a run application windows will open in front of you so in that you have to type "gconf-editor" and then hit the RUN button. Now in that you have to go to apps abd then in application you have to select -power-manager and then just set to be locked. And once it will be locked you will not receive any such problems what so ever.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you are facing this problem on regular basis then you have to stop the system from going into the sleep mode and once the sleep mode is disabled then you will not receive any such problem what so ever. Actually the major root of the cause is the system sleep mode and when the system is going in to the sleep mode then only it is asking you password again and again. And said if the sleep mode is disabled then you will not get this issue. I am sure that this will help the problem that you are facing.