Thread: Disabling Mintupdate password

Disabling Mintupdate password

Well I have installed Linux Mint 10 on my computer. I have a query and I have decided to discuss with you all and I am hoping that you will provide me a solution this matter. Well whenever I click on mintUpdate it prompts me for the password. Once I have entered the password it is remembered by it. But it is really tedious to enter time every time. Is there any way to begin the mintUpdate without entering password? If you have any trick to achieve the same please let me know. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Re: Disabling Mintupdate password

Well according my knowledge you cannot use the mintUpdate without entering the password. Basically updating an application is the privilege of the root user. Using this privilege you can modify delicate parts of the system. By entering password you can identify that the all the action as being done by the system administrator only. For the person who had turned off this feature will create destroying results. So I am not suggesting you to do not turn off this feature it will secure your system from the malicious user or program.

Well I am the only user of the system. So after every reboot it makes me to enter the root password to login into the system. It’s really frustrating for me. I have to enter the password every time to deal with Mintupdate. According to my way of thinking 1st and 2nd level of the update should be done automatically. It is very silly and I think it should be automated. So please let me know if you are having any solution.

Well I am having any settings that you can use to enable password settings if it is disabled due to some reason. You have to launch the Mintupdate. Now go to Edit menu into the Mintupdate menu. Now select Preferences from the Edit menu. Now you have to click Auto Refresh. I am really sorry since I don’t have any solution for your query. Any thanks for your understanding. I will definitely let you know if I come up with any solution.

Well I know some steps that you can try to turn off the password settings in the Mintupdate. You have to click on the system. Now you should go for administration. Now you have to click on software sources. After this you have to click on the updates. Make sure that install security updates without confirmation check box should be checked. Please let me know whether above mentioned settings working or not.