Thread: Windows 7 backup image to restore partition on a Raid

Windows 7 backup image to restore partition on a Raid

I currently have my Win7 on a 160GB hard drive is divided to 2 partitions. 60GB and 100GB where the former I mean 60 GB is for the operating system. I plan to rise again to a RAID 0 and to have the following to ask. "Is it possible that I make with Win7 image of the system created two partitions on a Raid 0 consisting of 2 x 250 GB HDD's to restore?" Although I am not entirely clear whether Win7 secures the partition information of the HDD and this again set up as such or whether after the new OS until the raid partition must be set up and then play the system image to another. The question why I put on a new system and then reinstall everything for me is out of the question, since the complexity of the system with all its programs and data would probably take several days. I wanted to inform myself thoroughly in this direction and hope for your insightful answers.

Re: Windows 7 backup image to restore partition on a Raid

First the driver for the RAID controller installed (and the best start again with activated / plugged-in RAID controller) so that you experience when you first reboot no big surprise. Draw image with a program of your choice (Acronis Drive Snapshot, etc.), set up RAID, image, play back, yet you can see the partitions (almost) at will be divided. Boot order if necessary adapt. And after doing this much your system will get start and then enjoy.

You write something about like this because the complexity of the system being in all its programs and data probably take several days. And then you trust anything in a RAID0? If you are at hazard from (the HD has problems - all dead RAID0) You can do it like, otherwise all sliding on a 250 HD and take the second either a RAID 1 of, or sata HD. So this is my personal experience regarding this if you want then you can take the help from this.

I can not tell that if this works with the Windows backup. Sure, I can tell you however that it will work with Symantec BESR. This costs about 3000 rs and its worth real money. I have just made your transition to multiple PCs with Windows 7 (Single-HDD -> onboard RAID0). Worked with BESR fine. Just as I write this, I set an old RAID1 MAXDATA PC on a RAID1 of a new HP Quad Core PC Restore -> takes about 1 hour (after adjustment of plus drivers). Changing the hardware and keep the original system. The reinstallation + body would take on this PC server 2 days.

Complexity can also be a large number of programs and settings are meant to take very much time when major refurbishment. It also eliminates the (regular) backups. I look at this now RAID0 nothing wrong but share this views, so that the performance can partly increase significantly. So you can go for this if you want to fix this kind of query. And I am sure that this will work in your case.

This may be a mistake. If your RAID is enabled in the BIOS and so far has not been, then this driver is not installed. I did this just for an HP 8100 Elite. Changed in the BIOS to RAID and then configure the RAID 1. The restoration of the other system works via BESR in less than 1h (Activation by phone lasted just under 20 minutes, however, with Win7 downgrade, etc.). After that I could of course still a lot to update drivers, and the original system had XP SP2 on it, had to be brought to SP3 + updates.