Thread: Linux Mint on Laptop not good for Wireless connection

Linux Mint on Laptop not good for Wireless connection

Yesterday I have tried a live CD written with Linux Mint 10for my laptop but it does not give the impression to without any trouble to achieve Wireless connection and bond to a wireless Network. I didn't not contain a GUI for Wireless connection. I have to use the Terminal Window. Puppy Linux has an extraordinarily uncomplicated graphics tool intended for this. Is there any one of the additional editions of Mint recovered well-matched? I stumble on each and every one of the assortments a bit puzzling.

re: Linux Mint on Laptop not good for Wireless connection

You may perhaps snatch a copy of Isadora Main (Mint 9) and experiment that one. To the extent that the most excellent DE (Desktop Environment), it depends on top of how a large amount of a mount your lappy is. I would advise XFCE otherwise LXDE. Mutually they are inconsequential. If you cover abundance of computing muscle in that case Isadora Main or else KDE would in all probability be healthier. Peppermint Operating System and Peppermint Ice OS are attractive snappy as fine, and exploit more than a few Cloud Applications.

This is understandable although I'm simply talking about it- confirm that you are connecting to the accurate wireless network. Typically it ought to come into view there on top of the listing. Are you making use of the proper kind of encryption? WPA as well as WEP are the for the most part frequently used. If you are in WPA, I imagine the b43 driver has various problems by way of WPA. If you are getting any issues by using WPA, then try WEP. You will need to modify router's settings. Sometimes it is also not possible to change the router’s setting. At this time you can imagine that the WPA is one having problems.

You need to download a wrap up which permits you accumulate and install the most up-to-date progresses on the Linux 802.11 as well as Bluetooth subsystem in addition to obtain several of hottest drivers devoid of having to recompile your whole kernel. This wrap up inserts mac80211, mac80211 drivers, whichever fresh FullMAC driver which contains moderately topical updates, plus the same as of the 2.6.33-rc series. It furthermore in progress backporting the wireless subsystem and offering updates in the direction of the complete Bluetooth subsystem and the drivers lying on it.

Of each and every one of the Ubuntu imitative asserting to be "completely featured" as well as supported, I moreover come across Mint to be the mainly valuable. You are correct that it is an enormous foremost distro designed for people who would be set off as a result of the hop of the Codecs. The incredibly unceasing hitch is associated to the Ubuntu-Debia and extraordinarily perhaps NOT Mint, although Mint exploits that same kernel.

You have to inform us additional details. The smallest amount is precisely which Mint you encompass - which edition? We besides necessitate to make out a bit concerning each and every one of your hardware. First Run " lspci " inside a terminal window and see the result by yourself if you able to distinguish it . Several wifi and perhaps other thing associated to USB still if they are inside - if you believe you encompass one of these scuttle " lsusb " within a terminal. Also check that whether it is using the mint4win or not, fairly significant