Thread: Missing libraries from Fedora 8 server

Missing libraries from Fedora 8 server

I am having a Fedora 8 server. The problem was all the time until the drive of my Windows machine is now ready to smoke. Transitional I went to the Linux box, I set up my email, etc. until I had arrived at the last point: listen to MP3's. I had not configured the time, so I thought I do it just once. So I installed the Livna repo and then wanted to go to Amarok, since I had the hammer out to probably know this. And I had to install xine-lib. The version that I had, but with the required bit it, so I threw the old version down and installed the new one. That was where everything is OK, stupid as it gave me when you uninstall the old version still some dependencies thrown down. Fedora and I trusted that was a mistake. Meanwhile, nothing works, that has to do with installing packages using yum. If I use firefox, install a yum update run would matter or anything, I get a bunch of packages appear to be updated and the installation process then ends. After many attempts by the deletion of the repo to uninstall the xine-lib sufficient, but sometimes I turn for help to you. I'm neither forward nor backward. Please suggest me something.

Re: Missing libraries from Fedora 8 server

I think at least once you've installed a program is perhaps not the most popular and once clicked on 'unconscious there appeared that damn error that tells you that a file was not found and therefore' application can not be started . It happened to me several times but I finally found the solution to this annoying problem. It's called Dependency Viewer, once you download the Installer found at web, once done from the program that you selected from the error and have it scanned with Dependency and at the end of the scan should give you results in the file or files that are missing for ensure that the application functions.

The files are normally type .Dll or .Ocx file system or the standard for any software, but Dependency Viewer will not fail to find other files such as .Exe or files needed to function properly.

I am sure that you will get some hint after looking to this image. Also your issue of missing libraries will definitely get solved. Even after that you are getting some error messages, then feel free to post over here along with the messages.

You can also use the Dependency Walker. A reinstalling the program has also brought no If, perhaps helping the Dependency Walker. This free tool was originally with the Windows XP SP2 Support Tools, Microsoft Visual Studio to version 8.0 and delivered. With Dependency Walker, you can find libraries that the executable file to be checked (such as exe, dll, ocx, sys) used and check that all the libraries installed properly or at all present. Dependency Walker is a tree diagram of all required by the executable modules. It is for both 32 - and 64-bit systems. It can be directly downloaded from the developer site. After unpacking the package you can get started right away as a portable application (no installation required, could be taken on a USB stick).

After installing it, you will see very clearly that a file is missing "dwmapi.dll". The files "shlwapi.dll" and "mpr.dll" generate a warning. So you should head the search for the "dwmapi.dll". If a search on your local drive did not find, then possible starting point would be Google or DLL-files.com. Here one should pay attention, of course, possible that the missing file is replaced from a safe source. Then you should download the file and place it only once in the same folder in which there is already the Dependency Walker. Now I restart the Dependency Walker and upload it as a file to check, found the original dwmapi.dll seems to be from Microsoft. Later comes the warning: "Warning: at least one module has unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module". You can ignore it. Other DLL's from Microsoft which had the "dwmapi.dll" may lack the file, but according to the intercept, your problem will be solved.