Thread: Restoring the Linux Mint Menu

Restoring the Linux Mint Menu

I have recently started the usage of Linux Mint 9 on my computer. I don’t know due to either lack of experience or negligence I had totally disappeared the menu from the screen. I tried a lot to solve the problem but all of my efforts were fruitless. Is there anyone with the same problem? Anyone having the suggestions to solve the problem will be greatly appreciated. I am waiting for your prompt replay. Thanks in advance.

Re: Restoring the Linux Mint Menu

Well I am providing you to most common solution that you can use to solve the problem. Well the question is how to begin? Well you have to simply right click on the panel. Well you will think which panel? Well the answer is very simple. The panel is the task bar of the desktop which is located at the bottom of the desktop screen. Now you have to select Add to Panel. Here you have to choose Linux Mint Menu to add the menu on the screen. Well it is the simplest solution that I can give you till now. I will be really delighted if above mentioned solution was useful to you.

Well I am having a solution that you can apply to solve if you are having an issue with the task bar. well It will fix the Task bar on the desktop.You have to use following line of the code on the terminal
    Code:
    gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/mintmenu
    After using the above code you have to copy paste the below motioned code on the terminal.
    Code:
    gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/panel
    Well as I have already mentioned that above mentioned code will fix the Task bar. I really don’t know how to fix the Mint menu? I will definitely let you know if I come up any particular solution for your situation. Thanks for reading this solution.

Well I am having following set of commands that you have to use to solve your problem. Well you have to launch the terminal on the desktop. You have to open /usr/lib/linuxmint/plugins/applications.py directory. You should have admin rights to process further. Now press Alt + f2 and copy gksu gedit /usr/lib/linuxmint/plugins/applications.py. Now you have to add the following code at the end of the line no 362
    Code:
    .  Or “”
    Now it will look similar to
    Code:
    categoryIcon = child.icon or ""
    Try it will definitely solve your problem. If you are having any query about the solution then please ask me for the same.

I want to whether you had deleted the mint menu by editing the /usr/lib/linuxmint/ directory and your answer is yes then use the following stuff to solve your problem. First of all I recommend you to reinstall the file using Synaptic manager. If it is failed to solve the issue then you have to copy paste the following piece of the code on the terminal. apt download mintmenu. Launch your Home folder and you have to extract deb file. Make sure that you are extracting the entire file which having data.tar.gz format. Let me know about your experience so other users can learn from it.