Thread: Cannot resume back from standby mode in Linux mint 10

Cannot resume back from standby mode in Linux mint 10

I have a very strange problem with my Linux mint 10 that I want to share it with you all. Well the problem is that whenever I enter in to a standby mode or whenever I get into a hibernation mode I cannot resume my computer from that mode. So what can be the problem here. Whenever I try to switch into that mode I have noticed that the case fans do not power down. Also whenever I want to resume I cannot after pressing all the possible buttons in the keyboard. After doing all this I have no option but to hit the power button to restart. I have searched across the internet for the possible solutions but none of them have helped me. Can you suggest me some possible solutions for it.

re: Cannot resume back from standby mode in Linux mint 10

Looking at your problem it seems that there can be some problem with the startup. So I will advise you to have a look at the video card driver. There may be a possibility that the driver may have got corrupted. So do a installation of the new driver for the particular video card. It will definitely help you. However there are many other solutions for this particular problem. You try with this solution first and let me know if it works or not.

Well I have tried downloading the Linux video driver and also the Nvidia drivers which are there in the additional drivers but still the same problem exists. I tried downloading the entire new driver but it did not gave me any solution. So it would be better if you can give me more solutions on this particular problem. Also one point to be noted here is that I am a new user to this particular operating system. So whatever solutions you are giving me then please do give it in detail.

Well I would advise you to have a check with the swap file. Having the memory of swap file larger than the ram memory is quite important. Check if it is smaller than the ram memory. If it is then it will give you problems especially during hibernation rather than the standby mode, but it affects both of them. So do have a check on the swap file and also I would advise you to have a check with the log files, correct the error if you can get some.

I think so having a proper bios update is quite important In the operating system. I would advise you to have a check in your system if it has some broken packages or not. I fit has then do check the broken packages. In order to check the broken packages
    1) Go to the menu option and from there go to the package manger.
    2) From there select the packet filters and check for the broken packages option. If it is there then It will be present in the top left of the pane.
    3) There you will get the list of the broken packages that you may have to correct.
    4) Also check whether acpi, acpid, and power management packages are updated properly.
    Do follow these steps it will definitely help you.