Thread: Unable to update Linux Mint 10

Unable to update Linux Mint 10

I am facing very strange problem and I have decided to share with you all and I am hoping that you will give me a suggestion to solve the problem. Well I have installed Linux Mint 10 on my computer. I am unable to do the software update using the software manager. I think that the source list is being corrupted to some reason. I don’t have any idea to fix the same. Please help me out from this strange problem.

re: Unable to update Linux Mint 10

Well I was having the similar problem that you have mentioned on the above post. Whenever I tried to launch the Update Manager it was prompting an error message which can be described as follow
    Code:
    “The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>”
    Also whenever try to install the software using software manager it was unable to complete the installation process. I have to copy to all the software name and paste where ever it is installed by the Package Manager. Please help me if you have any solution to overcome from this situation. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Well I am mentioning the following solution and I hope it will help you to overcome from this situation. You have to take backup of the all the information from the sources.list file. You can achieve the same using the following piece of the code.
    Code:
    sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list-backup
    . Now use the following piece of the code on the terminal.
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
    It will allow you to launch the file to edit. Please let me know if the above mentioned solution worked for you or not. If you are having any query about the solution then please feel free to ask.

You can use the following steps to solve your problem. First of all you have to copy all the details of the sources.list file. Now you have to launch the Nautilus from the /etc folder. Now you have to right click on the APT folder and select Open as Administrator. Now you have to launch the Sources.list into the Text Editor. Now replace all the content in the Text Editor with clipboard. Now navigate to Control Center and You have to Click on the System and select Sources. In main tab go for Download From and Select Other from the drop down menu. A new window will display on the screen you should click on Select Best Server. You will be prompted for Choose Server button. After clicking on it will request you to reload the server. Simply click on the Reload button.