Thread: Launching chess program automatically in the Linux Mint?

Launching chess program automatically in the Linux Mint?

I'd appreciate any help.Hello to all of you, I've been making use of the eboard to play the chess online onto my Linux Mint operating system, however on top of my device it is extremely slow, the sound also doesn't labor as well as affecting the parts is a foremost ache. At times I have to shift the similar part two times prior to my shift is conventional. I have misplaced numerous games for the reason that of this irritating bug attribute. I then installed the jin chess which plays greatly enhanced compared to other one. It as well has a a small number of failing, however on the whole it is greatly enhanced than eboard. To set up jin, I merely have to untar the file to a fresh folder within my home directory, unbolt a terminal here, and after that type java -jar jin.jar. At the moment I would be fond of to start on the program through my games list of options, as a result I shaped a innovative thing. I then distorted the sort parameter to "Application in Terminal", however that provides me the subsequent error: "There was an error creating the child process for this terminal", along with as a result I still have to start on the program physically by opening a terminal and entering java -jar jin.jar. That way everything works very well. Is there actually no way to generate a launcher in my games list of options which will start the java control mechanically?help

Re: Launching chess program automatically in the Linux Mint?

I didn't endeavor however presume to generate a text file although save it as. For example jin.sh anywhere would be that command. And supported on this .sh I'd produce launcher, put the launcher to games list of options and so on. And the jin.sh place authorizations to be executable. Also confirm that the "java" binary is within your PATH. If you have one of the most recent editions of Java set up, that will frequently previously be the case. Enter the "java -version" within a shell to observe whether it labors as well as to locate the version of Java you encompass

I have also tried it, although unfortunately it doesn't helped me out: I am still facing the similar "child process" error. Next to, there was previously an widespread jin.sh that initially approach by means of the program. This also labors enormously when I open a terminal within the jin directory and then I type ./jin, although not while I attempt to utilize it inside a launcher. Additional alternatives I have tried within the launcher's command field:
    cd /home/imagus/jin 2.14.1/ && ./jin
    cd /home/imagus/jin 2.14.1/ && java -jar jin.jar
    But not any of these helped me out from the problem.

What you can try is to give to .sh simply this command:
    exec java -Xmx128m -jar jin.jar
    and then you put it in the direction of the folder anywhere the application is located. I showed this I had performed this and it had already works for me for an additional java application, possibly could work for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpah View Post
    What you can try is to give to .sh simply this command:
    exec java -Xmx128m -jar jin.jar
    and then you put it in the direction of the folder anywhere the application is located. I showed this I had performed this and it had already works for me for an additional java application, possibly could work for you as well.
    This worked for me, I thank you for this very much. I didn't yet have to generate a .sh file, what I simply did is I put the parameters of the launcher like this: Type: Application but not within the Terminal.
    Command: cd /home/imagus/jin-2.14.1 && exec java -Xmx128m -jar jin.jar
    And finally this does the trick for me and eventually solved my issue. Hope this will also working for you.