Thread: Font Size for Linux Mint 10

Font Size for Linux Mint 10

I am having some question for the font size going on the panel as well as mintMenu. I have set the new theme in Julia but now I am not able to regulate to font sizes more than the default. I usually prefer somewhat large font size than the default that it gives me. I feel problem in reading on default font. Is there any suggestion to enlarge the font size for the panel as well as menu devoid of altering the theme? I like Mint-X, not just the small font. If this is not probable, it is extremely unlucky, and possibly Mint 11 must contain a dissimilar default. The default theme must always permit such essential customizability.

Re: Font Size for Mint 10

I know the way to do that. If you want to change the common desktop font size then you have to go to the Menu-->Preferences-->Appearance-->Fonts and from here you will be able to change the font size of the desktop according to your need. If you also want to change the font size that is used while accessing the internet then you can go to Edit-->Preferences-->Content-->Fonts and Colors-->Advanced and here you will be able to change the font size for the web browsing.

Above steps are very correct to change the font size and this will do this also but I would like to tell you one shortcut for doing this and with the help of that you will be able to change the font directly according to your need. Just press the ctrl key and scroll the middle button of the mouse. This will change the font size as you scroll that and you will be able to adjust it according to your need. This is the shortcut way to that and you can try it on your computer.

There is one more thing that you can do when you change the font size for the Firefox from Content-->Advanced. If you see at the bottom of the page where you select the font then you will be able to see one line as "Allow pages to choose their own fonts instead of my selections above." What you have to do is just unmark the checkbox that is there at the start of the sentence and doing this will force your browser to show the content in the same font size that you have set and you will not face any problem with even a single website.

If the theme that you are using is allowing the font to change from its default value then I think that the theme that you are using is buggy and so that is causing the issues like this. You can try to use some other theme and see if that are also showing you the same result. If that are not showing you the same then there are two possibilities. One is that the theme is corrupted and you should install that again and it is also possible that the theme is made in that way to use that particular font size.