Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011

Linux Mint: checking the terminal program whether it is Crashed

Hello friends, I had upgraded my system with the Linux Mint. I want to know that how would we can check if a terminal program like testdisk not working? I observed that the device monitor couldn't yet observe that testdisk was running at all. After that I then tried through the terminal by means of ps. I'm not confident what the entire switches are so I tried this but I was unable to get the success. Please help.
Old 12-01-2011

Re: Linux Mint: checking the terminal program whether it is Crashed

What you can try up is to open the terminal and then check whether it helps you out from the trouble. For opening up the terminal execute the given command that:
Code:
Code: Select all
After executing this command it will confirm and display you each and every thing which is running under the system. Fine after that you can go toward the computer system logs however intended for a newly the easiest method is to appear to observe if the procedure is still operating and if it’s not along with you didn’t discontinue it then I would state that it has crashed.
Old 12-01-2011

There are most probably three methods got detecting the crash:
? Generate a tiny library libcrashrep.so for which the init utility fixes a indication manager for the majority frequent kinds of break down. The handler will grasp the entire indications that the application does not grip by its own. When a break down is noticed, the library identifies an exterior program. The library is place into /etc/ld.so.preload.
? Expand the kernel to identify a user space program when a procedure exits with one of the declared signals. The program should be configured within /proc/sys/proc/process_crash_handler (or a similar file).
? Modify the default libc indication handler to identify the break down handler.
Old 12-01-2011

The crash handler gathers the subsequent information regarding the crash:
? Execution position (/proc/$$)
? Packaging detail (package, edition, dependencies)
? Crash detail (executable path, indication, backtrace, memory status)
? Environment detail (OS version, time, uname, etc.)
For features regarding exacting fields, perceive subsequent part. The entire data is printed into a file in debcontrol set-up as well as place into /var/crash/ExecutablePath.txt. By way of slashes being transformed to underscores sign. A cronjob will frequently clearout reports which are older than a week.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,