Thread: Linux Mint: Unable to rip .mp3 from .flv

Linux Mint: Unable to rip .mp3 from .flv

Hello friends, I am working with the Linux Mint, I want to know what is the trick to rip the .mp3 from the .flv format. Ffmeg do not perform to work out and also the mencoder does not work boldness. and avidenux utters that it cannot decode audio. I am really at the loss. I am unable to get any of the solution for this even though I had the lot of search over the internet. Please help me.

Re: Linux Mint: Unable to rip .mp3 from .flv

It is easy to take out MP3 audio through the YouTube movie that is the .flv format onto the Linux through mplayer. The technique to rip MP3 audio through the FLV files by means of ffmpeg from several sites doesn't labor out for me onto my computer system as a result I use mplayer to do it:
    Code:
    mplayer -dumpaudio old-file.flv -dumpfile new-file.mp3
    It is really very esy to utilize and also easy to work around with it.

You can without difficulties take out audio from video files for example the avi, mpg, also .flv into mp3 uses moreover mplayer or else the ffmpeg. You can even trace online stream keen on mp3, for example stream through the radio cast. Give permission’s by beginning by means of mplayer. To take out audio from video files, make use of the -dumpaudio alternative plus particular the output filename with -dumpfile
    Code:
    mplayer -dumpaudio nodame_theme.flv -dumpfile nodame_theme.mp3
    we will get the output:
    Code:
    file nodame_theme.mp3
    Output:
    Code:
    MPEG ADTS, layer III, v2,   8 kBits, 22.05 kHz, Monaural
    Well the audio removed through the .flv, consequently superiority is fairly low, however you can alter the audio rate by means of ffmpeg. Let observe how to make use of ffmpeg.
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i nodame_theme.flv -ab 128 -ar 44100 nodame_theme.mp3
    -i is to particular input file, -ab audio bitrate, -ar audio sampling frequency

if anybody is facing the difficulties while converting or else by building the files within single of the limited set-up. I recommend this answer: immediately set up this additional codecs package along with observe if it repairs your difficulties. Choose the package that groups your allocation:

For the Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg libavcodec-extra-52
    keep in mind that the libavcodec-extra-52 package for Karmic does not maintain AAC or AMR arrangements. I suggest by means of libavcodec-extra-52 through the Medibuntu repository.

And for the Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg libavcodec-unstripped-52
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex 8.10
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg libavcodec-unstripped-51
    this is the thing which cracked my winff difficulties through converting files on the way to mp3. in fact this help this be capable of assist somebody as well.

That solved my difficulty incredibly satisfactorily. I am extremely thankful that I had by some means solved out this difficulty. By performing it, I was, receiving the 'libmp3lame' fault after installing WinFF. Then I gone into Synaptic Package Manager select the libavcodec-unstripped-52 as well as Synaptic perform the elimination of the defaults in addition to installed the unobstructed packages.