Thread: How to change admin username in Linux mint

How to change admin username in Linux mint

I am using the Linux mint in my computer and I am the administrator of this. I needed to change the password for me and when I tried to do that then I was not able to do that. I am also not able to change any of the properties foe my account. So I am leaving the question here so that you people can help me to change the properties of the user. So please share your knowledge if you have any idea about this.

Re: How to change admin username in Linux mint

The best way that I can suggest you is that to make a fresh user by means of admin constitutional rights as well as your preferred fresh name. Log in as the new-fangled user and after that remove the user account to which to you are having problem with. Keep in mind to shift every file you desire to maintain to the fresh users /home folder initially otherwise you will be unable to get any right of entry to them when the old user is removed.

You will not be allowed to modify the name for a user who is at present associated in Usermod. You have to make sure that the user named not attempting to execute a few program at what time this command is carried out if the user's numeric UID is distorted. You have to modify yourself the holder of all crontab files as well as at jobs. You have got to complete the entire modification that involves NIS on top of the NIS server.

If you want to modify the username on the machine that is running Linux Mint then you have to make use of the usermod command. It will change the system account files to show you the modifications within the command. Once you use this command then the Username will be modified from the previous one to newly created one. But user's home directory name must possibly be modified to reproduce the fresh login name.

To modify the password of a user from his place, first navigate to the root account either by login or by "su". Then you have to type password "user’’ Where user is the username for the password to change. The system will prompt you to enter a fresh password. The passwords do not appear on the screen when you type them. I hope that this will help you change the password for your account. Good Luck!!!

Once you have executed the program, the interface opens with a list of user accounts. By default, all user accounts cannot be changed, except the current account from its current session, a user can change settings related to their account only. Select your own user account in the list, then press the Properties button to access advanced information. The duties of changes you can apply to your own account are limited: you cannot change your password. Other administration tasks from your account can not be performed by administrators.