Thread: Want to use Linux mint Operating System

Want to use Linux mint Operating System

First of all I make use of Windows 7 and Linux mint as some days back.So here I want to know that did I switch to Linux mint? I love Linux for a couple reasons. FREE OS, FREE programs, and that’s the good thing about it.What OS I have to use, Windows 7 or Linux Mint. I am giving you some options over here so according to that you just suggest me. What Linux distros did I use? Ubuntu 8.10, Ubuntu 9.04, Ubuntu 9.10, Linux Mint 7. And please reply me soon.

re: Want to use Linux mint Operating System

I would advise that you to stay with LinuxMint-7, before switching to Mint-8. Until all the bugs are worked out of the fresh version of Mint and to offer you more time to turn out to be familiar with how and why Linux does things. If you got other solution regarding this that how to to install themes in Mint/Ubuntu so I will suggest you to follow that and regarding this if you have any more question so please ask this to me I just want your experiences with Linux/GNU to be good ones. I have only been making use of the Linux/GNU OS for the past 6 months or so; I initially making use of the Ubuntu and I now experiment/play around with Debian (testing) with the Xfce desktop. On my main PC I utilize LinuxMint-8 with Xfce over a Gnome base.

Here I just want to tell you guys about the features of Linux Mint 10. New features: codecs installed and updated edition DVD from the welcome screen and the menu highlights the latest applications installed and makes it easier to find them, and the menu is install software from repositories; added a search engine to the search box in the menu; Software Manager with better categorization of the use of software and application icons, update manager can ignore updates and displays the size of the updates, improvements upload manager, new look and reintroduction of the traditional theme of light and dark background and several improvements to the system.

I got this operating system freely. You can also say that it satisfy my need to thank those who gave me this free operating system, and others. Here I am just trying to simplify what otherwise is difficult to understand. In this I have try to find what's missing and what is wrong. And if you have any contribution in terms of content, it will insert more than willingly. Someone has already done and thanks to these guys but I myself have managed to please everyone. In the future I will try to give more information related to this as soon as I can.

Linux Mint is a distribution derived from the most famous of which Ubuntu inherits the core of which were made customizations and additions that make it more suited to end users more or less experienced and ready for use. Each time a new release of Ubuntu comes out after a few days also comes a new release of mint, is currently in the process of Ubuntu, and then 10.04 on the ninth release of Mint. While the core of Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu, the design, some applications and in general the look and feel, are developed directly by the team of Linux Mint: Differences include the themes, multimedia codecs, a personalized menu based on that of Windows Vista instead of the standard Gnome, a collection of system tools designed to simplify using the system to users.