Thread: Login accounts in Linux Mint

Login accounts in Linux Mint

I just recently download the Linux Mint and I must say I was blown away by this version.. I was looking for one with the gnome desktop, and if possible Anglicized. I decided to take the plunge. Well, I have a big problem when I am on my user account. Indeed, the system refuses me my password for root access to utilities available only by the administrator for example synaptic configurations and other programs. In terminal mode there is no problem. I type su root user mode, I indicate my root password is not working. Is there any explanation for this problem?

Re: Login accounts in Linux Mint

Slaut in graphical mode it should use sudo and certainly the password it asks you not that of your account but the root of your account. You should understand the same method as in ubuntu. So I will check with my user password. Otherwise, there is no way to force the system to accept the root password instead? Under other distributions I used is the root password that is privileged, and that's what I prefer. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. If you have any other issue then let me I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

It will be better to use the mdp root with sudo dabord you defend the mdp root and the command for that is “sudo passwd root”. After you edit the file / etc / sudoers and you add in the default rootpw “Defaults !lecture, tty_tickets, !fqdn,rootpw” and theoretically it should be good I just tested and it works. It is clear that I am giving this suggestion because I have tested this thing and it is working perfectly but I cannot give you any guarantee for this thing. You can just hope that it will work for you also, but if it did not work, I cannot help you for that.

Linux Mint is one of the most elegant Linux distributions out there, is based on ubuntu and is fully compatible with Ubuntu distribution can even be downloaded directly from their repositories. Linux Mint can receive updates from the ubuntu repositories and repositories of Romeo, who are officers of linux mint. As for appearance, Linux Mint brings a lot of things in ubuntu are installed separately and brings many programs installed. Linux mint comes by default compiz, which is one of the main attractions of Linux for graphics effects; it also brings preinstalled plugins most common video and audio as mp3, wmv, avi and others.

I discovered with pleasure that distribution, so happy, and really a fan, congratulations to the developers. I install a USB key with persistent mode (about 3gigas), the default user is "mint" and has no password. So the concern is there. If I want to change the password of the user "mint" I asked the old and even if I leave the field open bin cannot, authentication fails. Never mind, I create another account with roughly the same rights, then I might as well enter a password, no worries. I can switch from one session to another. But by default my linux mint always opens the session on "mint" with no password and if I go into my new session, while the newly created user "mint" does not exist so I cannot delete it. So the idea would be able to change the password of "mint" either delete the account for a version that opens an account with a password. May be that this is simply not possible on a persistent USB version.

When I go into the control center to change the password of the user default "mint", not the password "root" as the current password is not recognized; I even changed the word root password via the console, but the same. The idea would be to find a way for my linux mint persistent USB does not boot directly into this mint or user then there is a password. To avoid that if I lose my key, anyone can boot from it and end up in admin. If you any suggestion then do let me know about that. I will be waiting for the related reply.