Thread: Multiple File systems and mount point in Linux Mint

Multiple File systems and mount point in Linux Mint

I am doing well if this thing is related to security, because I know little things about it. I think that it is really easy to incorporate the security measure for participating for installing different file systems since it oppose to one. I have the idea that I am able to set different access permissions to each, that are appropriate to the function of a specific system. Currently I am having linux filesystem /dev/sda5. I think that understanding the things is to make more sense for splitting it in to different partitions with different mount points like /home; /usr. If you have any suggestions related to that, then do let me know.

Re: Multiple File systems and mount point in Linux Mint

The thing is that once you have installed Linux Mint then it is not easy to reparation all the things. If you want to do partition then you have to do that before installing this thing on your system. One more thing, if you ask this question to different people then you will receive different answers for the same question. If you want to dual boot your system then you have to do that with GParted. But for this you have to install windows first. I hope that you have understood what I am trying to convey for the problem you are facing, if you have any other issue then let me know, I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

The disk usage analysis with baobab, as the error message:"It was not a mount point to be found. Without a mount point is not the hard disk usage will be analyzed. " I have tried to search for this thing but did not get any solution for this thing. I do not get my hard drive mounted. Can someone tell me how the above example, the command console can terms or do differently? partition / dev/sda1, ext3 file system. If you have suggestion for these things then share your suggestion and your advice.

sudo mount / dev/sda1 / your mount point should be enough. Possibly you should first create a directory to mount, such as mkdir / media / data or so. Possibly you should drive it during the same in the / etc / fstab in one move, if you want that: I had never baobab in use and do not know that. If that's your only natural partition and want to let you analyze all. not quite so far in linux ... \ "Your mount point \" do not know where the \ "find \"I just noticed that in etc / fstab.

I regret now is going out of the house, for now I can only tell you yet, read the wiki and made public in times of peace, as you should find everything you need. If you ask other issues arising there from have, give Google \ "Ubuntu Wiki Users KEYWORD \", eg \ "Ubuntu Wiki Users mount \". This and a little patience, you will usually pretty far. I hope that you have understood what I am trying to convey. If you have any other issue then let me know about that. I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

My experience is when the disk is not the same for the installation Linux was clearly partitioned and mounted, is later, not much joy. Was easier and faster I to install and start fresh and mount points in the same Partitioning set, rather than to mount after installation. The breakdown of my 80 gig drive looks like this: 1.5 Gb for swap. The mount point / swap is set automatically, if you format the partition for swap. 10 Gb I have allocated for file system. The mount point is simply / which is found during installation on partition> Edit Mount Point in gparted partition manager, but can also be entered manually. 20 Gb I have assigned home. The mount point is / home. A 20 GB partition I have reserved for Distrotests. Mount point manually as / a: specified. As one may still be creative, the main thing is the mount point begins with a slash.