Thread: Synaptic package manager re-loading failed in Linux mint

Synaptic package manager re-loading failed in Linux mint

Recently I have configured my Linux mint Isadora in the dual boot configuration with windows xp operating system. Net I am using is airtel gprs with Nokia 2730 classic. There is no problem in connecting to internet and browse the web site. But the problem is that when I am trying to load the repository for the synaptic package manager I am getting this error message.”Failed to fetch could not connect to 0.0.0.0:80” Is there anyone who can provide solution for the problem I am facing with this thing. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Synaptic package manager re-loading failed in Linux mint

There are too many package managers for us to be able to analyze them all, then we will discuss only one, which is probably the most loved by the people of Debian users and derivatives, all over the world. Synaptic is a graphical front end for apt-get and install packages. deb that are downloaded automatically from the repositories. You can also install packages. Deb downloaded by the user, without using Synaptic. Start Synaptic by clicking on its icon in the main menu, or press "Alt + F2" (or open a terminal) and type in "synaptic". Once open, click the "Reload" at the top left, then left to update the package list and then choose the package that you want to install or remove, right-clicking or left on it and choose an option.

Beyond the simple installation / removal of packages, you can: enable, disable and add extra repositories with the Synaptic Manager Repository, located in "Settings > Repositories repair corrupt packets through "Edit > Fix broken packages" see more details of the package, right-clicking on its name and selecting "Properties" block version of the package, select the package (with the left click on it), then going to the menu "Package > Lock Version" update all the software and the system. It can also do much more, but this article is limited to software installation and removal. Synaptic is very easy to use and the best way to learn is to use it.

Apt is a set of tools that enables packets. Deb for installation on Debian-based systems and packages. Rpm on systems that use RPM. If you open a terminal and type "man apt, you will get lots of information about it and if you type" apt-h "it will get even more, none of them are really informative (use Shift + Q to close the man page or help page ). The most frequently used commands in apt are: Update the list of packages: sudo apt-get update. Install new packages: sudo apt-get install NOME-PACCHETTO or you can use sudo apt-get install PACCHETTO-UNO PACCHETTO-DUE PACCHETTO-TRE. Update all the software installed on your system: sudo apt-get upgrade.

Whenever apt, aptitude, Synaptic package manager or others are not able to install software, because of conflicting dependencies or other problems such as internal compiler error: Segmentation fault, you can remove the software conflicts with the command dpkg -r PACKAGE-NAME . More often than not, it will be the only system suitable for correction of your regular package manager, and use sudo dpkg -configure -a to configure the software is not installed, every time collapses during your package manager to install software.

The idea is to create a local repository with paquetes.deb we have gone down, fixing and installing any website, (which have been stored in, for example, / media / my-disco / deb) so they can be installed or reinstalled with Synaptic: The first 4 steps are going to do with the Terminal, and 5 and 6 with Synaptic. Naturally all directions of the directories that get are just an example and must be replaced by the directions they see fit.
    Step 1 - Create a folder / package, it is very important to be in a partition that has read-write permissions, for example: if we have a partition with those permissions on / media / my-disk, create the folder: $ sudo mkdir / media / my-disco / packages
    Step 2 - Copy all *. deb packages in this directory: cp / media / my-disco / deb / *. deb / media / my-disco / packages
    Step 3 - Create the Packages.gz file: go to the directory: $ cd / media / my-disk and run the command: $ sudo dpkg-scanpackages packages / dev / null | gzip-c> packages / Packages.gz.
    What we do with the command dpkg-scanpackages is to read all *. deb we have in the directory and create a gzip file that tells Packages.gz apt packages which are then able to install.
    Step 4-Edit the sources.list file with: $ sudo gedit / etc / apt / sources.list added at the end of the file: deb file: / media / my-disco / packages /
    Save your changes and close the terminal.