Thread: Printer installing issue on Linux Mint

Printer installing issue on Linux Mint

I tried to install my printer Epson AcuLaser C1100, following various procedures on various Ubuntu forums but I cannot print. I installed the package Epson-ALC1100-filter-1.2.tar.gz. The driver appears to install but nothing to do when I send a test page, the indicator flashes once, and for receiving nothing. I see my printer in Administration > Printing. Is there anyone who can guide me to resolve this issue? If anyone has any related solutions for this kind of problem then do let me know about these things. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Printer installing issue on Linux Mint

I think that I am facing similar kind of issue. I have my ACL C1100 default when I run a test page: the data in reception work and then nothing happens. When I request a test page, the document is present in the queue, and then disappears. When I check the properties of the printer, Printer Status: Inactive - Printers online now. For the command line: sudo aa-complain cupsd Setting / etc / apparmor.d / usr.sbin.cupsd to complain mode. If you need more details related to this then do let me know but I need to know the solution for the same.

I suggest this : The source file Epson ALC1100-filter-1.2.tar.gz does not seem to work with Ubuntu (hence the derived distributions). However, the redhat RPMs seem to work if they are converted into deb format and are installed. Install the following dependencies (which is important if you do not, it will not work) gcc-3.3-base libstdc (otherwise, try with higher versions). deb install files:Retrieve packages, and click once or twice on each package, which will launch the installer package gdebi and install the files. Then install the printer normally using System > Administration > Printers (AKA system-config-printer), and we hope that you can print.

A tarball is a compressed file "file.tar. Can be compared to one. zip or. rar files on Windows. datei.tar.gz is packed and compressed file. I find the instructions in the link very clearly. You just have to copy the commands into your terminal and the installation should proceed smoothly. I am sure that with the link everything works well and wonder of wonders, the printer carries out its work. If you face any other issue then do let me know about that I will try to resolve that as soon as possible. I am not saying that I will solve each and every problem that you are facing but I am having solution for most of the problem.

Now I have some time to try, attempting to establish a connection to one of these printers, but somehow I will not succeed so well. I am in the Print Control and gone on to New on the opening window. There I opened network printer and I am there again Find network printer went on. There is now a host is required. There I have the address of the printer in a PDF page is on our universities. There are displayed all kinds of Ducker, but somehow there are only the printers available that are installed on other laptops or are in any office. We can only send confidential print jobs, so that the settlement money to work. Unfortunately, I have found no way to send a confidential job. Is it possible to achieve this by chance on Samba? The menu is at least somewhat, by authorizing.

I have set up the printer according to an instruction from our IT people in CUPS. It also has everything worked perfectly until just on the actual print. The problem is, in my opinion, none of the printer driver, but a network problem. Specifically, it seemed that I could print to the network printer the order but took forever to be transferred. And when I in the print room was, was only one sheet in the printer tray - the cover sheet that is generated automatically when a new print job is processed. The nice lady in the user service has shown me my print account on which, although all 34 pages of the print job has accrued, but none of which was eventually printed, and not be charged. What is odd is that after the initial setup of the printer a test page is printed, which came without any problems from the printer and was settled. I therefore believe that the problem really lies in the network communication between CUPS and printer.