Thread: Need safer way to install Linux Mint Debian Edition

Need safer way to install Linux Mint Debian Edition

Actually I need a safer way to install Linux Mint Debian Edition and I need that because I think it can create bad effect on my hard disk. Well the thing is that KDE version depends on Ubuntu and for installing new version normally I format the hard drive that I am using. As we know that they release a new version after every six month and I have to repeat the same procedure again and again. I mean to say that I have to format the system after every six month for installing the new version of linux. I think that formatting the system after every six month will have negative effect on my hard disk. It will be better if you can provide a better way to install a new system without formatting my hard disk.

Re: Need safer way to install Linux Mint Debian Edition

You are right on the node that formatting your hard disk again and again can harm you hard disk. But this thing happens only if you are formatting your hard drive on low level. At the time for formatting your hard drive on low level you have to take care about it. One more thing I will like to tell you that formatting you hard drive generally only removes the name of your file. If you are doing general formatting then there is no need to worry about, it will not harm your system in anyway. I hope that you have understood what I am trying to convey. If you have any other query then let me know about that.

As far as I know there won’t any issue if you are doing general formatting. After the reboot, the system starts with the kernel 2.6.32-5-686 and in a few seconds, the Linux Mint Debian Edition is usable. Equal to the update management reports and indicates that 472 packets wait for the download - the Mint-Windows displays as usual priorities. The Gnome desktop is with Firefox, Thunderbird, Pidgin & Co to the standard Internet programs, OpenOffice 3.2.1 as a complete suite, Gimp and F-Spot as image processing, Brasero as the preferred fuel program with the usual multimedia applications, including VLC as a player as well as system tools and management tools.

According to me it must be installed separately - the usual automatic access local partitions of the external system, like Windows 7, and other network computers is missing from Linux Mint Debian Edition. For a full installation on a dedicated device, the proprietary video drivers installed and the desktop setting needs to be activated. This pimped Debian Lenny is a real asset and will be some users who felt so far from the dry Debian desktop rather disgusted, to introduce into the world of Ubuntu Mother - Mint makes prospective participants.

Originally, Linux Mint, ‘distribution "separate" the Ubuntu project, and that "based on it, but it includes many small things' by default, to avoid user installation of plugins and additional software after formatting the system and useful tools to facilitate network sources configuration. Second, Linux Mint (and sorry if I'm wrong) "Approval" Debian to develop an open source operating system dedicated to the needs of most users, "Maintaining Debian developer base instead of 'UBUNTU.LMDE 201012, includes all the features' traditional JULIA Linux Mint also offer unprecedented stability of Debian 6.0 Squeeze.

The latest edition of Ubuntu, the 10.10 "Meerkat Maverick”, has raised concerns among many users and long-time fans of the Canonical distribution. The criticisms are numerous: an interface very greedy of resources than in the past, many software useless, some questionable choices as the replacement of F-Spot Shotwell, the total absence of GIMP, various incompatibilities and other problems. The discontent increased when Canonical seems to have decided to abandon the current desktop environment in favor of a minimalist interface internally-developed, poorly digested by people loyal to the environment GNOME