Thread: 5 partitions of the 500Gb hard drive lost

5 partitions of the 500Gb hard drive lost

I was getting some error on my PC that says that there are some of the dll files missing from my computer and I pressed ok and the message disappears and I continued using the PC. But last night when I pressed OK button on that system then it makes all my 5 partitions of the 500Gb hard drive invisible. I tried to boot many times but all the times it shows me the same issue. I am not able to access any of the file from my computer. Please tell me that what I should do to solve this issue. Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post. I am just able to see the drive where the system files are stored.

Re: 5 partitions of the 500Gb hard drive lost

This seems that the operating system that is installed in your computer is corrupted and that leads to show you this problem. My suggestion you is repair the operating system that is installed in your computer. To do that, you can insert the operating system CD in your optical drive and boot from that. When it asks you for the repair option then select Repair. Normally the option can be selected by the key “R”. Press Enter and this will start repairing the system. All the corrupted files will be replaced by the new one and once this is completed then it will reboot the system. After boot, you may get your system working.

This seems that the system is corrupted and that is causing the problem for you. You can try to repair the system as suggested above and see if this can solve the issue for you. If it is not able to solve the issue then you can buy a USB adaptor and connect the disk with your computer. Normally you will be able to see the drive. This is the most basic solution for the issues like this. So give it a try and see the result.

I don’t know the exact solution that how can you make the partitions visible to you but yes if you want to recover the data from the drive then you can do that. If you want to do that then you can make use of the Windows data recovery software and I am quite sure that you will be able to recover the data effectively. So if you get the solution to fix the issue then it is fine otherwise you can use this and take the recovery of the data in the drive.

You can try all the possible solution and I wish that this will solve the problem for you but if you found that none of them is able to help you then the final solution left for you is to install the operating system again. Do the clean install of the operating system. You can take another copy of the setup and install that from this CD. I am saying this to you because installing from the fresh setup will avoid the error if that is with the old copy of the setup.