Thread: Does the BIOS upgrade resolve the RAM access and size related bugs?

Does the BIOS upgrade resolve the RAM access and size related bugs?

I have just resolved a my system issue which listed very long . But now have another issue with me , it is related to my Gigabyte motherboard , I have a very big and complicated question for you , I called it complicated because it is really a big head ache for me but cannot say anything about you people , I was getting an invalid RAM layout information (e820), so I updated my BIOS but the question is will it get rid of my RAM access and size bugs , please tell me , I am eagerly waiting for the reply of this question.

Re: Does the BIOS upgrade reeolve the RAM acess and size related bugs?

I too was about to post the same question that you just posted , I had avoided this for a long time, since I could experiment each memory stick one at a time without any problem, and the system itself worked well. But I was in the need to upgrade to Windows 7 of 64 bit version , but if you do the same there is a possibility that the tool which you are going to use for upgrading will crash and will result in a BSOD , but I cannot surely say about it as I am not aware what sort of system you a re having , it will be nice if you could post your system’s specs along in the next posts so that you can get your question answered.

I am really very sorry not to post the important part, here is my system specification , I have got a desktop computer with BIOS version of 12B , previously it was F4 , I am using 2 RAM sticks of 4 GB each , one is of Patriot and the other one is of G-Skill running at 1066 , if asked about the processor I have an Atom Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 5400+ processor and an 500 GB of internal HDD , once again apologize for not posting the about the system.

It is a problem we have long been facing about but to no benefit. The explanation of motherboard BIOS updates is small to the point of being practically ineffective. Most manufacturers are a bit negligent on this front but Gigabyte seems to be well behind if you ask about the update on the motherboard BIOS so you will have to ponder a bit more if you are looking to update the BIOS and do a lot of research on it and then take the effective step.

I can locate an a big number of cases and places where most of the experts recommend to test the the RAM stick one at a time , so what you can do is you can run the test on the RAM stick as suggested to do it one at a time with a test called as Memtest86+ , if the test is passed clearly the BIOS has some sort of bug as you had asked in your question , then you can ask Gigabyte for the further updates on the BIOS .