Thread: Windows 7: Unable ping domain name from Windows Server 2008

Windows 7: Unable ping domain name from Windows Server 2008

I have the following problem. We will work with some clients a login script. The problem we have emerged on the track. And while the login script is executed via GPO specifically with the path: \ \ domain.local \ netlogon \ script.vbs. Now, this does not in some because the client’s domain.local headed in the wrong IPs. i.e. exactly on the two old DC has been around for years no longer exist, I know, but broke down, and thus could not be removed cleanly. Only I have no idea where the servers may have still hidden in the Domain. Any ideas? Specifically, my question is where the name is resolved domain. Still likely to be 2 servers in it are too much.

Re: Windows 7: Unable ping domain name from Windows Server 2008

I think for the solution you need to remove the hidden server directory from the domain. If you utilize the ADSI Edit snap-in, the LDP service, or a few other LDAP edition 3 clients, and you imperfectly change the attributes of Active Directory stuff, you can source serious troubles. These troubles may want you on the way to reinstall Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Server 2003, or together Windows and replace. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems that occur if you incorrectly modify Active Directory object attributes can be solved. Modify these attributes at your own risk.

To ping a domain of a web page so you can see the response time or check if dropped, on this occasion we will use Windows XP to perform the ping. For this go to Start and then click on run and in the field where it says 'Open' enter the following command: CMD and press Enter or Enter on your keyboard. It will open the command window and enter the following command: ping xxxxxxxx.xxx. After this you will get an IP or some error.

The ping is a diagnostic tool to know if your computer is logged and can be accessed on the Internet. You can also check with this tool if you contact the proper computer compared to the IP address obtained. It is possible to ping a domain name or IP address. To ping, open a command prompt and type the following commands: ping ping 195.70.1.100. This will be helpful to you to ping the domain.

Here you can program the "ping" to help you. Actually, this little tool is used to determine the speed of Internet access, but it can be persuaded to resolve the address in the host name. Run "ping" at best a DOS window and enter as a command line ping-a –ServerName. Ping then determines the speed of their Internet connection "" server name "" and also resolves the name still remained in the host name. Sometimes it does not work and then it is not however ping but the particular network computer fault.