Thread: Windows 7 is unable to recognize the EIDE hard drive

Windows 7 is unable to recognize the EIDE hard drive

Installing Windows 7 64 Professional OS are not identified two EIDE disks. The OS is installed on 4 SATA RAID 0 +1 configured. EIDE disks are seen by the Bios and are identified during POST. Then, within w7 are simply absent. The motherboard is an Asus P5LD2. The driver for this, available for Vista 64 does not solve the problem. The same configuration works perfectly with XP SP3.

Re: Windows 7 is unable to recognize the EIDE hard drive

I am also going through the same situation and in this on the other hand, I add some information. The EIDE controller is built into the motherboard. This provides.
    • Ultra ATA 100/66/33 a controller that is attached to a DVD reader and a DVD writer, regularly available;
    • Ultra ATA 133/100/66 two controllers, one of which is used for two PATA drives, the other is free.

The records were in XP SP3, both configured with the jumper in position Carrier Select. After confirming that they were not detectable by 64 W7, I tried the typical configuration Master / Slave, but nothing has changed. Add the disks are not recognized even in the installation of w7. That is, Seer of the 4 SATA RAID 0 +1, but the PATA are not present in the step where you choose devices and partitions. And windows 7 holds, system resources, a problem with the controller for which he says could not find the driver. By installing the motherboard drivers for Vista 64 (south bridge ITE 8211F) the problem changes in driver not working (error 18).

I actually planned a total reinstall. Your suggestions would be just an attempt to better understand what the problem / conflict. When fully operational, I want the OS still resides on SATA in RAID 10. In any case, I will try HW configurations during the installation, moving forward only when the procedure will EIDE disks. I do not find it credible that W7 64 is unable to drive a controller so common ... there must be some other bits that escape.

I am also going through the same issue and I have downloaded the drivers which you suggested. It was looking a bit 'round the network, the ASUS site, googling around. I was also on the Intel site but I had not found. My fault! I read the various release notes and this seems to me a perspective enough concrete to solve the problem. I am confident. This evening, children permitting, I will make an attempt. Actually I have one more question is that; there in the installation of a W7 for something closer to the expected step in XP to install third party drivers (F6 to understand)? To try to unravel the mystery immediately without waiting for the completion of the installation.

The problem was finally resolved. Actually lack the ITE 8211F IDE controller driver in the DVD w7 64. Neither the drivers provided by ASUS (Motherboard) or those provided by Intel work, so no point wasting time on research and trial and error. Those working on the site I found the chip, the ITE Tech. Inc. The download version is v1.3.4.2. The files are. Inf,. Sys and. Vista64 says the cat. Just put in a USB stick and addressed by this selection screen installation disks and partitions, are magically appeared EIDE disks. Note that these drivers are present in the installations of both XP and Vista 64, the first in priority to the scheme, the second I tried some time ago in a partition of your hard disk. It seems to me an "oversight" by Ms rather annoying since this chip is mounted on several tens of dozens of manufacturers of motherboards. I hope that at least the sites of the manufacturers to adapt quickly.