Thread: Unable to connect Windows Home Server with the laptop having Windows 7

Unable to connect Windows Home Server with the laptop having Windows 7

I am having Hp pavilion laptop with windows 7. Actually I am demanding to attach toward my home server operation WHS on it as of my Windows 7 home premium laptop. I get in touch with HP I purchase the server as of them and go from side to side all the troubleshooting solution they had however by means of no fortune. When I sprint the connector software it be familiar with the server, but, at what time I come in the code word it says that it doesn't distinguish it. I checkered the code word on my desktop which dash a Windows XP and it workings very well. I checked the code word hint at what time installing it on the PC and it gives me the correct hint. Tech support at HP believe it has somewhat to perform with the security location on my Windows 7 machine. Can an important person help me? I desire to upgrade my desktop on the way to windows 7 professional, excluding I'll certainly keep away from doing as a result if I can't join to my server.

Re: Unable to connect Windows Home Server with the laptop having Windows 7

I think you should to try network troubleshooting for which you need to follow the steps given below:
    • Right-click the Network Neighborhood icon from the notification area on the taskbar and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Go to Start, click Control Panel, and then type resolution of the problems in the search box.
    • Then click on troubleshooting, click Network and Internet, and then choose the type of problem you have.
    • Go to Start and then go to the Control Panel and then type the network in the search box. After this in the result list click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Now, under Network and Sharing Center, click View Network Connections and then Right click on the network adapter and select Diagnose.

For the solution you need to click Start option and then on Control Panel and then System and Maintenance after doing this Find and solve problems in order to open the troubleshooting. As soon as troubleshooting open in the left pane, just click View History. In the next step right click on the report of troubleshooting. Now, you can click View Details and this will show you a detailed report. After this everything is done.

hello, I have an old laptop with Windows Home Server repurpose. And the requirements are hardware, the installation works without problems, but the operating system detects any hardware e.g. the network card and that of course makes it difficult. I've heard that the use Microsoft laptop not recommended by WHS. I just do not understand why? It is a Fujitsu LifeBook S7010. Actually I have posted this query as I have seen that the above post is also having the problem which is related to the windows home server so I thought it is the right place to put this query here.

Microsoft recommends that you use on notebooks, since many problems there. Moreover, it is difficult these devices have enough disk space to install, can be worked as external storage devices only. When the installation has worked so far then you must now go to the Device Manager. There are devices that have not yet installed are listed. For these devices you have now, and then look for drivers on the Internet. However, you should always make sure that you get Windows Server driver 2003, as the WHS is placed on Win2003. XP drivers may need to work, but another possible source of error also represent.

I would like to tell you to remove or uninstall the network card for this you need to follow some simple steps which will be helpful to you to do the suggested things:
    • For this you need to go to start menu and then from there run.
    • After this type cmd in the run box and press enter.
    • In the cmd prompt type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices = 1" without quotes and press enter.
    • After this type "start devmgmt.msc" without quotes and press enter.