Thread: Unable to connect windows server 2003 in a workgroup network from windows 7

Unable to connect windows server 2003 in a workgroup network from windows 7

When I desire to attach to one more computer through win server 2003 computer I provoked with administrator verification. The server 2003 PC name is ofoghserver. When I go into consumer: ofoghserver\administrator and code word this mistake takes place Login failure: an unidentified consumer or network code word but I can attach toward server by means of distant desktop and I am able to connect to one more computer by means of windows 7. All PC’s in this work first-class however this PC cannot go inside windows server.

Re: Unable to connect windows server 2003 in a workgroup network from windows 7

I think you need to create the matching user account and password on the server. When you install Windows 7 you are asked if you want to create separate user accounts if other people use your computer. You can create a user account for each person using your computer. If you need to perform only administrative tasks on your computer, how to manage accounts and resources, assign rights administrator assign administrator permissions to your account when you create it.

Hi, I have a problem buying a laptop with Windows 7 and I cannot access my shared drives on my server 2003 (using domain), I get an error that the server is not even seeing it in the list of network equipment. Connecting it right through wireless and cable connection I want I cannot access my server. I commented that they could do is update administrative templates windows 2003 so it can support Windows Vista and Windows 7. I wonder how this is done.

The problem is not in the Win7, is on the server, there are several things that are not as they should. A domain controller should not have more than one network interface. It is known that causes the problems. Including what happens to you is one. For example, if the client is on the 192.168.1.x network and the DNS service returns the IP of the server on the 192.168.0.x network. A domain controller with DNS service to use as the only DNS server itself. Never to the Internet provider.

I think this might be a cause of the following things which I am describing below:
    • You cannot have an interface to the network IP address corresponds to 169.254.xy this network auto configuration (APIPA)
    • A domain controller cannot be DHCP client; you must have the addresses configured manually.
    • I think now keeping all this things in your mind try to seek the solution for the problem and I hope you will be able to get the solution for the trouble.

It seems that you need to put the computer's own IP in the DNS. A gateway, the IP of the device router or switch that connects that network to "the world" another network or Internet. And to browse the Internet, usually set in the tab Forwarders "in the DNS server console, if no other equipment proxy or router that is attached to direct DNS requests to the Internet with it would not be to do anything. A client-level domain, DNS must be the DNS server IP in your network, typically the same DC.