Thread: History cleared automatically

History cleared automatically

A few days ago, accessing the control panel, windows 7 windows update I discovered that the last update installed was found to be "never." I took a look at history: completely empty! If you check the installed updates, I will show four, the first of which dated December 8. Of all that has happened "before", I have lost the track. Today I did update and also I have installed an update to Windows Defender, which went directly into history now shows that such an update (the only one!). What may be the result? I just want to know here that this can be restored in some way history?

Re: History cleared automatically

In Software Distribution \ DataStore DataStore how many files you have and what suffixes? In any case, there is no way to recover the history. History, on the other hand is of no use, and is lost every time, due to a malfunction is "saved" the SoftwareDistribution folder. It does not matter at that time know that a patch is not installed in such other date as the patch was installed successfully. What is important is to verify that the automatic update process does not report errors in the installation of those updates.

All that was recorded in history prior to 8 January will not reappear again. What I can do is to investigate why they are gone all the information prior to that date. Regarding this I also do not have much more information but I think it is because of the installing the RTM of Windows 7? I am searching more on this as soon as I get suggestion for this I will share it over here.

I do not think that it is happen because of the windows 7for the reason that I have installed it on 23/09. Obviously not the slightest thought that they were gone just installed updates; I wondered why there had been a full reset of the timeline panel. What is the update I have installed because of that like this happened to me, So to find out that I see it by going in to Control Panel-> Programs and Features-> Installed Updates (in this panel shows 9). But after I go to windows update-> view update history there. But I did not get any solution for this.

Actually history information is stored in the folder % Systemroot% \ SoftwareDistribution \ DataStore and in particular in the file located therein named DataStore.edb. edb file if it is damaged, you lose history at the time of installing the patch. So I will suggest you to check this first and if it is not there so first you install the patch for this. Or the last thing you can repair this by installing windows 7 once again.