Thread: Error 0x80070522: A necessary privilege is not held through the client in windows 7

Error 0x80070522: A necessary privilege is not held through the client in windows 7

I am working on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, as well as I have the error message while attempting to generate a file in the root dir of my D drive.“Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client. I have three physical hard drives, each one of them holding a partition of its own, the C drive does not worry me in this context. What trouble me are 2 things, primary I have no "new file" right on my D drive, as well as secondly, with the remaining E drive, there is no such issue, I am capable to write whatever thing on it. I be able to appreciate UAC holding a firm grip over the system drive, however it annoys me on any other. I have disabled UAC totally as a last resort; however I am miserable with this state yet. Please help.

Re: Error 0x80070522: A necessary privilege is not held through the client in windows 7

From my opinion you have to reboot into Safe Mode. After that you have to Log on as Administrator. And then press on start. After that you have to Type the3 letters cmd and then Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. After that run the procedure as Administrator. And then Type the subsequent commands as well as click Enter following every:
    takeown /f d:\ /a /r /d y
    cacls d:\ /t /c /g administrators:F System:F everyone:F
    The commands will create you the holder of drive D: as well as will provide complete access to each one to the entire of its folders.

Re: Error 0x80070522: A necessary privilege is not held through the client in windows 7

Hey I am agree with you The commands will create you the holder of drive D: (takeown.exe) and will provide complete access to each one to the entire of its folders (cacls.exe). You be able to perform the similar by right-pressing drive D: in Windows Explorer, after that pressing Security, after that wading throughout a number of menus. Performing it with takeown.exe plus cacls.exe is lots faster as well as takes many less explaining.

I consider an issue here is the cacls command is performing in excess of recursion at a shortcut/junction. I dunno if I am stating that right, however on the whole inside the application data folder is a shortcut to application data. Explorer goes after this shortcut as well as believes I am at C:\Documents as well as Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data however actually I am not.