Thread: How to change the paths that Windows 7 uses to store data

How to change the paths that Windows 7 uses to store data

I have a little space on C drive, I decided to change the paths that Windows 7 uses to store data. I refer to temporary files, which I had saved on F: \ Users \ Administrator \ AppData \ Local \ Temp, instead of C: \ Users \ Administrator \ AppData \ Local \ Temp, or the connections that are saved on your desktop when you use Internet Explorer and right-click with the mouse by taster create shortcut I want to be saved in C: \ Users \ Administrator \ Desktop, instead of C: \ Users \ Administrator \ Desktop, or all user profiles, I want to be saved in C: \ Users instead of C: \ Users and I want to finish seventh Windows install the default programs in C: \ Program Files and not C: \ Program Files and also in F: \ Program Data, instead of C: \ Program Data. Basically I want to C: \ Windows folder remains only the Boot folder and files to boot. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to change the paths that Windows 7 uses to store data

In order to fix this you have to Move your folders to a partition other than C: so that it becomes the default. But from personal experience I can tell you is always a problem when the disk where is installed the operating system begins to be tight as well as files that you mentioned there are many others like the antivirus backups, backups of Windows Update, various logs, etc.. etc.

You can do very little of what you want. And 'You can move an entire folder with its subfolders to another location. And you can set up temporary interner in a different location. You cannot install all the programs in a different location because many installers force the route on the system disk. If, whenever you install a program, be careful and you are offered a path, it changes with what you want. All this is interesting from the standpoint of disk space, etc., but please note that it is valid only if the paths refer to another physical disk. If you move to another partition on the same disk not only risk losing everything in case of breakage of the drive, but you also get a slowdown as the read-write heads have to constantly jump from one partition to another to read / write delays and wear disc. If the move is another hard to remember unless it is positive that reinstalling the operating system, if the programs, for example, have been installed on a different disk, you should also reinstall or repair the installation because the data must be written in the registry.

Well, you see that now you have clarified your thinking. All programs using "portable" solve definitely the talk of the default folder, then problem solved. If you set the Temporary Internet to 50 you can keep them safely in the mega ram as it is always best to delete them at closing. Downloading files from the internet is not affected because if you download saving you can save wherever you want. Not at all within the substance of your configuration because I consider only a very subjective study. So I would say that the conditions tested it is feasible.

Apart from the doubt by reading the sentence on many of the sites, I think you're trying to invent the wheel from scratch. If you use the UAC set up correctly and use a user account rather than administrator you will see that you do not need so many adventures to the integrity of your operating system. And the RAM you can use to make the other. So after doing this you can solve your issue.