Thread: windows 7 is not allowing me for file sharing

windows 7 is not allowing me for file sharing

I am having a HP Compaq laptop with windows 7 ultimate OS, the machine is going file with almost all the features and with the services. I am suing using my machine in the wireless network both from my office and also from the home network. There is a problem that I am facing from very few days, which I basically do in my office with other machine. The window 7 is not allowing me to share files from my machine to some other machine. Whenever I tried to share any document or nay other document in to some other machine, it directs that the windows version is allowed to do this operation. I am not having so much technical information. So this is out of my mind, and I am here to collect some of the information regarding this problem. Any suggestion on this issue will be appreciated.

Re: windows 7 is not allowing me for file sharing

According to my opinion the file sharing option is disabling from the firewall. So I suggest you to enter into firewall setting window in your windows or any other firewall option. Now from there select sharing option. I think the file sharing option is not enable in your firewall setting. Make it enable and enjoy file sharing. I said you this, because I had the similar issue, after that I tried with this, and by enabling the firewall option, I am now able to share the file from the network without any problem on sharing option.

As per my knowledge about this type of problem, I am not a technical person. So I also don’t have so much idea regarding this type of problem. So when I tried to transfer or share any file in my younger brother machine, which is connected with the same network, but which I was connected. It shows that windows is not allowing to share the files. After that I found with the help of one of my friend reconfigure the connectivity, and after that now there is no problem, so I would like to suggest you to reconfigure the network connectivity that you are having in your machine. Along with that also like to suggest you to, make sure that the file sharing option is not blocked by the antivirus application program that you are using. Because some of the antivirus program are can able to block some of the network sharing files also some the network related options.

I thing the problem that you motioned in your post might be occurred for the wireless driver which you installed in your machine, may not be the windows version that you are using is not compatible with the wireless router driver version. So I think you should go for the install update driver version. For that you either download and install and install update driver or proceed into the device manger and from there select the device driver and right click on it, now select the update option. It will automatically update the driver version, I was facing similar issue in my machine, after I take a research on this issue, and found that by the driver update this problem might be solved, and I did this, and believe me the issue is fixed. So I also recommend you to update the driver version.

I had the similar issue in my Acer Aspire machine, which is connected with my home network; there another machine is connected with my home network. We both use our machine for the file sharing and play some of the LAN games. The same file sharing problem arrives in my machine while I was tried to share a file from my machine to that machine, after click on the share button, the windows flashes a message, the file not allowed in your machine environment. I tried a lot to share the file document. I tried with reconfigure the network service, I also checked in the firewall option, where the sharing option is enabling. But can’t understand why this problem arriving. Also in the other machine, the firewall option and the network service is working fine. I searched everywhere for the solution, but found nothing, so I hope someone from here will be help me. Any input on this issue will be appreciated..