Thread: No Access on editing file in c:\program files\

No Access on editing file in c:\program files\

I just install windows 7 pro on my laptop, there are application installed in my c:\program files as well as require to be change (it is a text file) I be able to open however not capable to alter as well as save the file it state access denied as well as require administrator privilege, I am the merely account on the laptop as well as it is previously login as administrator. Can everyone help me please?

Re: No Access on editing file in c:\program files\

From my opinion you have to first of all have to press on Start after the in All Programs you have to go to Accessories and after that you have to right-press on Notepad, as well as after that you have to click Run as administrator. For safety against malware, Windows 7 does not permit usual processes to alter files in the Program Files folder.try this once and you get solved your problem.

I do not recognize of any Microsoft-supported method to alter this performance. In Windows Vista plus Windows 7, applications are not supposed to store up user-writable files in the Program Files folder. That is what the ProgramData folder is for. You might be capable to alter the permissions on the folder within C:\Program Files folder that restrain the application, permitting full control to your user account. I do not advise this, though, since it would cooperation Windows 7's safety plus might have unwanted consequences.

Here is one more probable answers according to me.you have to install the program in a dissimilar folder. For instance, you might produce a folder named C:\Programs and install it there. That folder won't have the safety protections that C:\Program Files has. The best answer would be to have the program's creator adjust it to accumulate its data files in a user-accessible folder.