Thread: Dell Dimension E520 Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Dell Dimension E520 Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

I am new to this in Linux, but I bought a new computer (DELL DIMENSION E520) with 320 +120 GB disk and 2GB of RAM. Finally, I decided to install Ubuntu apart from that came with WinXp. I tried to install Ubuntu 6.10 and everything right until you reboot and load bar is orange when I reinstalled principio.Lo and the same, the same thing. In the end I found and installed Ubuntu 7.04 and all good, but the screen that asks the user, it does not work the mouse and keyboard bluetooth DELL. With a USB mouse is fine but I have no USB keyboard. How to solve this problem or add the drivers Bluetooth keyboard and mouse? Thank you very much

Re: Dell Dimension E520 Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

The problem, I've almost solved. Removing the Bluetooth-USB device and reintroduced, I run the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. But I have to do this step of repluggiing the device every time I boot UBUNTU. It is as if the desktop did not realize that the USB Bluetooth device is connected and you have to unplug it and plug it back. Hopefully the problem will be fixed in the latest Ubuntu version.

The solution to this little problem is to update the bios of your Dell Dimension E520 because this problem is common for many teams in the E520 and C520 series version available from the dell website and update it is 1.4 ready. and I had this problem and solve it well. if the problem is still there then i think that you need to install the latest version of the Ubuntu operating system Ubuntu 10.10

Folks, I am trying to install Windows XP on the Dell desktop PC, but just gives the blue screen error. Could anyone help me to install Windows XP, step by step, everything I do, because I broke his head a lot, but so far I got nothing, just an information in a forum saying that Dell puts such a protection for your desktop only works with Windows Vista. It's a desktop, and the motherboard is Dell too, and to enter setup is used the F2 key. But when I enter the setup, I can not change anything there, because it is quite different from the default setup ie the majority.

he blue screen may be the Windows that you can ta ta installing that badly written or anything else that its installation is impossible, gets there goes first you'll have to go into the BIOS of the machine, simply connect the PC and press the DEL at the black screen, hence you will enter the Bios, you'll find it where it tells the Boot will have to put on CD and HD. Writes the bios and exit. RESTART when it will start to read the CD HD. With this you'll have to have the Windows installation disc. After this simply follow the on screen instructions.