Thread: Linux Mint 10 Julia Notification not adding on panel

Linux Mint 10 Julia Notification not adding on panel

I have recently installed Linux Mint 10 Julia on my desktop machine last week and there was no problem while using it. But suddenly I noticed that there was no Notification Are on the panel. So I tried to add the same by right clicking on it and then add to panel -> notification area. But still it was not adding it to the panel. Can you guys tell me why it is not adding it? Is there any other settings needs to be done for making this action to take place?

Re: Linux Mint 10 Julia Notification not adding on panel

I guess your machine haven't got the minupdate properly due to which you are not able to get the notification area on your panel. I suggest you to use the following commands on your and then check that it works after this or not.

Code:
        apt-cache search mintupdate
    revealed package mintupdate - Update Manager

Code:
        sudo apt-get remove mintupdate
    then
    Code:
        sudo apt-get install mintupdate
    Once both the things completes successfully then check adding on the panel.

I guess there would be a notification area enabled on your Linux Mint 10 operating system but I guess there won't be any icons to display due to which it might not be showing by default. I suggest you to start any music player who's icon can be added to the panel's notification area. Once you add up the notification area to the panel then start the music player and check that your notification area appears or not.

Whether you have one or two base panels, you always can change their number. The number is practically unlimited, as well as the placement of panels. The number of panels is not limited to the number of the monitor. If you see fit, it is possible for each side to insert virtually any number of panels stacked on each other, if it will make a difference, I leave it to you. Panels in some environments may not even be on the edge of the screen, but you are at the center or anywhere else.

• Appearance. As for the Dashboard, you can change their color, set the wallpaper panels, set transparency, it is equally possible to adjust the width of the panels.
    • Properties. You can set up automatic panels concealing or hiding the panel button (applet, widget) displayed on the panel. The button will allow the panel to be pulled to one side.

Applets / widgets are small applications that make "the panel will come to life." These are elements that are placed on panels. It may be the main menu (also known as the Windows Start menu), system / notification area, system shutdown buttons, time display, network management icons and sound settings, etc. They can be removed from any panel, just so you can put any bar . Applets / widgets are not confined to a paste, you put one type into multiple panels, or more than one panel.