Thread: Gnome/Nautilus unable to right click anymore in Mint

Gnome/Nautilus unable to right click anymore in Mint

Hello friends, I am using the Linux Mint 9 operating system on the machine. But in that I am unable to right click or else make use of the tabs within the nautilus. In truth the shortcut block is being get vanished completely too. I have been paying no attention to this difficulty for some months and I'm lastly depressed with this. i mean that the right click function is of no use in any and all nautilus/gnome windows and desktop. Any solution for this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Gnome/Nautilus unable to right click anymore in Mint

What can we try is first you should have to open your home directory. After opening the home directory click on to the Ctrl as well as the h key at the same time to display the hidden files and folders. Then after that locate .xsession-errors file. Then finally copy paste the given content at this point. After check whether it helps you out from the trouble or not. If not then look out for the second option.

The other we can try is to open up the terminal within the home file or the folder and then we should be capable enough to perform that:
    Code:
    Code: Select all
    cat .xsession-errors >> x.txt
    After performing this then you should have to open the x.txt and paste the every stuff over here. Hope this will help. Are you confident yet got nautilus in the initial position? Or else are you misplaced several dependencies. Stir up the package manager and then verify if you have not. I don't in fact identify greatly regarding these sorts of difficulties, I now thought that little command may assist.

The other solution recommended by friend. This has fixed his issue. what can we do is open up the terminal and then after that run the below given command.
    Code:
    Code: Select all
    killall metacity
    metacity &
    it then just reboots the window manger. Now check whether this repairs your problem. the other thing we can try to built the fresh user account and login into that. Now in that check does it have the problem? If it does not have the problem then migrate the entire thing on to the fresh user account.