Thread: Office on Windows XP disc how do I install it on Windows 7

Office on Windows XP disc how do I install it on Windows 7

I have Windows XP CD here with and I have the operating system as Windows 7. Well that is fine there. Now the thing is that I have the Microsoft Office as well on the CD and I want to have this installed on the system. Well I just wanted to know if while installing the Office if Windows XP will also get overwritten on Windows 7 here. I will be really glad to know the way here. I have not yet given this a try yet and hence would like you all to come with the solution in the case soon.

Re: Office on Windows XP disc how do I install it on Windows 7

Fisrt of all let me tell you that the thing that you have presented here really I do not think that is correct here. I am of the opinion that you might have ended up in purchasing some weird CD/DVD here so I am of the opinion that it will be great if you can talk about the CD/DVD with the vendor or please make an enquiry about the same with Microsoft and see if they can tell that the CD is OK. As it really seems to me weird.

Microsoft Office on Windows XP DISC. This word in the title brought me to this thread here. Really it is indeed weird. Please make a verification of this DISC as mentioned above. Now regarding the case here let me tell you that you will not have any issue while going with the installation of the Microsoft Office here. You will be able to have the installation done without any issue here. Also in addition to that your Windows 7 will not get overwritten with this process here.

If you have the Windows 7 on your system then let me tell you that you will be no longer required to install it from other sources. By this I mean to say that Windows 7 comes with Microsoft Office 2007 and while installing Windows 7 on your system you will be able to see that after rebooting the system you will see this in the All Programs option there. Also please do not go with the CD or the DVD that you had mentioned earlier I think that there is really something weird and hence it required a closer inspection there. If possible please post me the image of the CD and the CD COVER.

From where you get this disc that is the first question from my side. Also is it like that you have made this DISC by your self? If you have not made this thing then is it the Restore disk. Usually the manufacturer have this Restore Disk and after looking at the descriptions that you all have give here it seems to me that this can be the scenario here. Yes it seems to be the Restore Disk as I have seen that some of them have the Microsoft Office in there.

. Looking at the case so far I have come to the conclusion that the Windows XP disk that you have here is actually a slipstreamed duplicate of XP along with Office embedded in there. So if this is really the case then let me tell you that you will not be able to extract the files. So in order to make this working you will have to make use of some sort of script here since the files that are here are actually standard install files. As the first step if you want you can search the disk for all .MSI files. Then after that just run the correct .MSI file and see if you can proceed with the installation there.