Thread: Touchpad not working on Julia OS

Touchpad not working on Julia OS

Before few days I have got HP Envy 17 on which Windows 7 was preinstalled. I used that operating system for few months but after few weeks, I thought to install Linux Julia operating system on this machine. As I am habitat to use macbook at my office, I though it would be better to use same at my home as well. But unluckily touchpad on my HP notebook stopped working. Can you guys tell what could be the reason for this problem. Currently I don't have any USB mouse to use as an alternative. Please help me!

Re: Touchpad not working on Julia OS

I am running a Ubuntu on my laptop and I would like to tell you that touchpad works flawlessly under Ubuntu normally. With the Synaptics touchpad drivers for any even provides a powerful tool available with which to make the various functions and single-issue and can even be transformed into a veritable multimedia mouse. The device was carried out until Ubuntu 9.04. The device from Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx shall otherwise be on xorg.conf.d files, udev rules, or the graphical operating system interface.

If you install Linux on a notebook, it is possible that the touchpad is not working properly and buttons are wrong or not configured. In a Elitegroup ECS 532, the sensitivity of the touchpad with the regular mouse driver was set too high, so that programs and windows open twice if you have clicked the links. Also worked for four additional buttons for vertical and horizontal navigation, since these buttons were covered plain wrong. The remedy here is the Synaptics driver, be made to run with the help of most advanced touch pad keys and the mouse sensitivity can be adjusted.

Before installing the Synaptics driver, you must check the operating system kernel that the modules PS / 2 and are available evdev. Owner of a 2.4 kernel will need to patch the kernel in addition. The 2.6 kernel works without a patch.
    Code:
      KERNEL-MODULE CHECK 

Device Drivers -> 
      Input Devices -> [*] Mice 
      <*> PS / 2 Mouse 
      <*> Event Interface
    With the known command make & & make modules_install to compile the kernel, copied / usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage in the directory of the boot manager and sets it. After a reboot, the system for installing the Synaptics driver is ready.

The installation will vary from distribution distribution. In Suse I suggest you look in Yast, if there the Synaptics drivers can be installed. In this case, Gentoo and used a simple emerge synaptics installed the drivers. Lastly, you can compile the source code manually. After the installation should be a directory has been created in which the module is synaptics_drv.o (in this case, the module was located in / usr / lib / modules / input). This one has now in the modules directory of the X server (usually found under / usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input /) copy.

At this time we have prepared the kernel, installed the Synaptics driver in the form of synaptics_drv.o this module and the X server made public. The last step is that the X server loads the Synaptics driver for the touchpad. For this we need to change the configuration file. Depending on which X server to use (the old XFree or Xorg) I open the file with an editor or XFConfig xorg.conf. It is important that the name of the identifier (identifier "Mouse1") maintains. In addition, you must still check the ServerLayout section and declare where the touchpad as a core pointer:
    Code:
      X-SERVER ADAPT (ServerLayout) 
      Section "ServerLayout" 
      Identifier "Simple Layout" 
      Screen "Screen 1" 
      InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
    Important: You cannot use more than ONE "CorePointer". So if you want to use an external mouse, all you have to "mouse input devices" other than a change from "CorePointer" to "Always Core".