Thread: How to re-enable Windows Mail in Windows 7

How to re-enable Windows Mail in Windows 7

Many users would be extremely grateful if Microsoft would re-enable Windows Mail incorporated in Windows 7. Is there any possibility that they will listen to users concerning this? Not all people want to make use of Windows Live Mail, especially when original Windows Mail from Vista is still incorporated in Windows 7, but disabled by default. Windows Contacts folder in home directory is also there and operational at that time, but I am not able to send mail from there until I re-enable Windows Mail once more. If you required to remove Windows Mail, you should remove whole Windows Mail program folder also along with Contacts folder and not only put out of action it, hide executable and disappoint large group of users. Windows Live Mail installs a lot of additional services and by making use of that separate folders for every mail account what is very irritating. Why you want to force users to use Live services/applications if they wish simple mail client for one or two POP3 accounts?

Re: How to re-enable Windows Mail in Windows 7

Please keep in mind that Microsoft not at all required to disable Windows Mail -- they were lawfully necessary by law to take away of it. It seems that it is OK for Apple to comprise an email program, but the EU and US governments protest if Microsoft does it. If you do not similar to I mean that if you do not like this then laws and regulations like this, tell your government to quit butting into business affairs. So I know this much only. Actually I have read about it on to the Microsoft website. So I tink now you get idea about it.

That is attractive. I did not acquaint with that. Other than this the releasing an optional update and re-enable Mail would be IMO OK. I have not at all hear regarding Windows Mail complain. Here in EU, our dumb EK has required MS to do N versions devoid of Media Player and at the present I have ballot screen) but I never heard complains concerning Windows Mail. And what regarding Windows Defender or Paint or WordPad or Desktop Gadgets or entire UI if I desire CLI only OS. Where you desire to draw the line? So please I just want that optional update with those two changes mentioned in my first post.

Here you are able to download and make your N normal. And regarding this I know this much that I deduction that people that innovate forever have to pay the price of the people who are frightened of innovation. Alternatively, the people who lose from the innovation do not want to let go. So in last thing is that you just go for this and I am sure you will get the solution which you have posted in your first post.

I am currently making use of a laptop along with Windows 7. I had put my updates to install routinely, and my Windows Mail was modernized to Windows Live Mail three weeks ago. Are you saying these two are precisely the similar - apart from for the modification in the name? I reverentially differ. The layout at the top of the page is dissimilar - the terms are dissimilar - "send/receive" in its place of sync, etc. That I can live with. What I am not able to live through this and also how the monitor freezes - how portions of the screen go black - for example, when I am replying to an email, the part that has the "send" button goes black. The simply thing I am able to do is go to the Task Manager and close Windows Live Mail that way. I have to perform it subsequent to reading regarding all three emails. I did a hunt to observe how to relapse back to the preceding version of Windows Mail, but it calls for making use of the "restore" feature, and I do not have a restore point prior to the update. Any suggestions on how to go back?