Thread: How to install KDE effects in Linux Mint

How to install KDE effects in Linux Mint

With the intention of to free HDD room I ran the service called BleachBit; I elected more than a few file types that I considerate would not be helpful, similar to temporary files, and so on. The trouble is that following running this utility, the entire underneath pane by the side of the desktop, gone. I restart the computer and the panel visible over again except KDE effects similar to switching applications. A reduced screen of an application running on top of the task manager, looking by the side of each and every one implementing windows stirring the mouse towards the peak left angle, etc are not there to any further extent. Looks like a quantity of KDE files were exhausted. Now I need a method to recover otherwise refurbish those KDE effects? Is there any way to install those?

Re: How to install KDE effects in Linux Mint

I don’t think that the system has wiped out the KDE effect from Your Linux Mint. It just might have been disabled while you were running those utilities to clear up the HDD. I mean the settings file might have been vanished. You don’t need to worry about now. Run the Linux Mint bootable CD, it might install those files if really missing. Otherwise go to Menu > System > System Settings > General > Desktop > General > Enable desktop effects > All Effects…. To make it enable again.

First of you will need to get to the file ~/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc and open it in your computer. You will discover in a [compositing] segment. Inside it you must uncover a line "Enabled = False". Transform it toward "Enabled = False". If the file doesn’t exist then search for this file ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc. After this log out and log in back again. You should need to restore or re-install it. It will bring in front.

Unluckily you can’t simply unlock the Ubuntu Software Center, perform a hunt for KDE, plus install it. You will have to put in repositories in the direction of you /etc/apt/sources.list file previous to you are able to scuttle the installation command. Put the following command each at a time in your terminal window.
    Code:
    sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu jaunty main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list"
    sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/staging/ubuntu jaunty main' >> /etc/apt/sources.list"
    At the moment that you have the compulsory lines you will necessitate to insert the accurate GPG key by way of this command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 8AC93F7A
    Lastly, intended for the installation, copy the command:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop

With the purpose of download as well as install the newest KDE correspondence you’ll necessitate configuring and activating the Kubuntu PPA. This is a Personal Package Archive, hosted on top of Launch pad, which is upholder as a result of the Kubuntu Developers, in addition to permits intended for performing and testing innovative packages. To make active the store, run the following command:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
    The Kubuntu PPA, predominantly the RC packages, must currently be configured and triggered on top of your computer. You’ll still necessitate reviving your depository and installing the updates, which I will wrap after that.