Thread: Bind a sound clip to a hotkey on Linux mint

Bind a sound clip to a hotkey on Linux mint

I am asking you fairly straightforward question. I want to bind small sound clip just about two seconds with hotkey. I search for it on Google, but it doing nothing helpful for me. Is there any problem related to attaching normal sound clip with unix? Is there any special format required to attach it to hotkeys? Reply as soon as possible.

Re: Bind a sound clip to a hotkey on Linux mint

I never try to attach sound clip with hotkey on key-board. I took reference of some magazines related to operating system and from them I got that, if you are unable to bind sound clip with key-boards default shortcut keys then try adding new hotkey on key board by using Keyboard shortcuts preference menu and select an option called added new hokey and try to attach your sound clip with it there may be chances of existing some predefined functionality associated with hot-key.

I found one ideal option for you which I found on official site of Linux. They mentioned that to attach sound clip with hotkey, it should be as small as possible just about one or two seconds as you mentioned. They suggest to install sox and mp3- extensions for sox via synaptic. Synaptic is nothing but software which enables you to install, update and remove software packages easily to or from your pc. After doing this simply write following command .

Command:- play path/to/your/file.mp3

If Synaptic enables you to bind sound clip with hotkey on keyboard, then try to perform same scenario with another command called “launch”. Functionality of launch command is similar to play command. If still you enable to establish connection between sound clip and hotkey then try to achieve this by using specialized software’s designed for Linux, which allows you to directly establish connection between sound clip and hotkey.