Thread: Bad sound Quality on Linux mint

Bad sound Quality on Linux mint

I have recently change my operating system to Linux mint 9. I like the clean lines of mint 9 and I find it easy to operate, but I am not satisfied with the sound quality. Often the sound is garbled I just hear a very coarse cracking instead of music or movie sound. I can’t start any time and it is destroying my experience of mint. I realize that there is probably more than one issue but don’t know where to start.

Re: Bad sound Quality on Linux mint

From my point of you first check your system settings. There might be possibility that you changed it before while listening music to get desired output. You can make it happen just by altering the volume control or you can go with the option to adjust the pulse Audio equalizer settings which suits you.After doing changes in equalizer check whether you are getting desired output or not. If this solves your problem regarding sound quality then make those settings as your default one. You just need to Open equalizer Sound and Video->PulseAudio Equalizer,this is a 15-band equalizer.Enable equalizer and set on it.

If your problem is still not solved after adjusting the settings of there is another option which I get from magazine. In that authors of that magazine suggested that in order to get sound back. They told to went in sound reference and click on hardware tab then turn off sound with profile menu and turn it back again that is select Analog Stereo Output or Analog Stereo Duplex. If this method doesn’t satisfy you then try to uninstall pulse Audio and just run with Alsa. Which is nothing , but advance Linux sound architecture.

If Alsa Unable to solve your problems regarding sound quality then try to solve this problem With audio card for that you just need to go to Preference under system, select sound option when It asks you to select hardware that time select your audio card which you are currently using. After selecting desired audio card configure it then select surround or digital output. If still you are not concern about sound then try to resolve this problem by downloading equalizer package from any authorized side and install it and try to get updated sound drivers.