Thread: Windows 7: No Default User on the welcome screen

Windows 7: No Default User on the welcome screen

I really do not know if I am the only one having this issue here. I have Windows 7 running on my HP Desktop. Well the Windows 7 that I have here is the Home Edition. Now the issue is that when I try to get log in to the system I have to manually click on the USER ACCOUNT of mine there. I do not want to have this thing there. I just want the system to ask me the password and not to select the user account there. I have only one account there and I had some account earlier to this but just got rid of those and now I am left with this thing here. I have in the late installed Microsoft Office 2007 and then was able to see the issue here. Please let me know who can be the culprit here in this case. Hope that I will get the suggestion soon in the case above.

Re: Windows 7: No Default User on the welcome screen

Let me tell you that there is nothing that must have done with the installation of the Microsoft Office here. Let me tell you that there must be some issue with the USER account that you are having here. I would suggest you to recreate the user account and see if that can really help you with the scenario there. Go in the control panel and then after making the backup of all the files and the folders there and see delete that account as well and create the new one. Hope that this will really help you in your case there. Please let me know about this here.

Let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can get the Auto login option enabled in your case there. Press the Windows Key and the R key simultaneously and then launch the RUN dialog box. In the RUN dialog box type userpasswords2 and then press Enter key. You will see the User Accounts window getting open there. Now uncheck this option there: Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Hope that this will solve the issue of yours for sure.

I am of the opinion that you will have to make the System Restore here as you have mentioned that you came across the issue as you installed the Microsoft Office 2007 here. Please make this RESTORE there and then go with the Installation of the Microsoft Office 2007 again and see if that does not come up with the issue again there. Also let me tell you that actually Microsoft Office 2007 cannot be issue here you must have installed something wrong along with that and hence you are getting the issue with the reinstallation you will definitely find this working for sure.

I would like you to simply go with the full scan of the system here and see if scanning the system here can really solve the issue of yours there. Please make the scan with the latest and the updated antivirus and see if that can solve the issue there. If that does not help then I am of the opinion that you will be required to go with the Windows Repair option here. Go with this and let me know if this can really help you there.

Well I am also of the same opinion and if all the above things do not go in your way then you can do this by going in the search box and typing system restore there. After that click on the System Restore and then proceed with this. When the System Restore Dialog box opens up click on Choose a different restore point and then finally click on the NEXT option there. Finally click on the Finish option and see if that can really help you with the issue there.