Thread: GNOME 3 for Linux Mint

GNOME 3 for Linux Mint

Has anybody interpret the tactics for GNOME 3.0 and the switch to GNOME Shell? I speculate what this means for Mint and Mint Menu. I guess I will attempt to stay an open mind, but I hate dire modification in interfaces. Here anyone knows about this or anyone heard about this? If know anything regarding Gnome 3 then share and be part of the discussion.

Re: GNOME 3 for Linux Mint

I don't like the novel menu in KDE4, and now this novel way Gnome is heading in. They both need lots of steps to obtain to what you wish to do, Lots of clicks and lots of exercise of the mouse. If any modifications are necessary, something nearer to Gnome Do would be improved, or the fast launching feature. Or why not utilize voice commands or somewhat? All this waiting for animations to finish, searching for buttons to click and scrolling and exhausted is a failure IMO. Looking fine is an obligation, but not at the cost of being helpful and making life simpler for the user. This is why I think Compiz is doing fine, it seems excellent but it is not an obstruction for the majority part. Speaking of which, I speculate what will become of Compiz later than all those man hours which were put into it. Why don't they take on Compiz in its place of building one more compositing WM? Assist me do what I desire to do fast or get uninstalled in a heartbeat.

Compiz and Gnome are not accurately in bed together at the moment. I like Compiz as well, that is the just reason I do not utilize your edition on my laptop. Although I utilize Xfce I would certain odium to observe Compiz get hidden because of the direction Gnome is taking? If that occurs then I am going fluxbox or possibly windowmaker and I am not looking back. Though it is just slack talk at present I am all for a Compiz DE. If steered in the right way it could be a polished interface.

The most excellent suggestion applies; please don't get wedged below windows or Apple OS X fame contests. To observe which one can come up with the most unclear tweaks to their individual Operating systems all in the name of an improved user knowledge, where enriched has not anything to do with well-organized or productive. Maybe, they have forgotten that not everybody do not all the time wish to be plugged in, turned on, connected and directly existing on each connection/site that their system has concentrated to.

One thing you can add up on with the release of any novel part software is that somebody is going to produce opinions. Sometimes the opinions are at close range and sometimes they are not, however one thing is for certain you have to adapt or get going. In reference to G3 I think it is still a bit too early for me to make an informed opinion, before time test releases only show you so much and it is not till distro developers add it to real releases that we will get an improved sense for its genuine utility.