Thread: Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7

Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7

After recent upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista, I am facing a problem in my system that the Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7. It was fine a couple of days ago. But, I am not able to get rid of this situation, even after the system is restarted. I have benefited from the suggestions that the people on this forums give, so kindly help me with suitable replies as soon as possible.

Re: Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7

Hello there, if the Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7, then I think that this is some internal issue that has been created. May be some kind of error must have occurred and due to this, you are facing the problems. I guess that you can get rid of this situation only after the system is formatted. One of my friends was facing a similar problem and no solution could be found for the same.

I suppose that the Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7 is due to a virus infection. The infection may be malware and it must have taken over the working of the Task Manager and thus, the particular tab has been frozen. I advice you to install an anti-malware like Spyware Doctor in your computer and your problem will be solved hopefully.

I have faced a similar problem of the Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7, but that was in Windows Vista. Just follow the steps given below after the Task Manager is started:
    1. Start the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL
    2. Then, go to View.
    3. After that, look in Update Speed.
    4. Check out whether it is paused. If it is so, then just correct the same.

Have you tried using the Refresh Tab? This helps many a times when the problems like Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7 arise in the system. It helps to refresh the CPU, the history graph, the resource monitor and Memory numbers. I can assure you that your problem can be solved using this method, since this is the technique that is used in such cases.

The Task Manager performance tab is frozen in Windows 7 is surely the case due to a virus attack and only a good antivirus like Quick Heal can solve this issue. This is so because it has the feature of boot scanning that takes place before the operating system loads into the machine. So, the infections remain inactive as they are not able to execute. Remove any previous antivirus installed in the system as there can be conflicts by 2 antivirus in the computer.

Thank you Jesse for your simple and non hysteric answer. Your solution worked for me I've had this problem from the start, with both vista and 7, and it's always puzzled me, took me two years to have enough of it though =P