Thread: Anyone tried Alternative 200 Lines Kernel Patch

Anyone tried Alternative 200 Lines Kernel Patch

I newly heard about this and want some ideas and opinion and more detail. Has anybody ever seen or attempted this up till now? I attempted it on my 64 bit machine, and I think I can tell dissimilarity. I am here because I want to know more and also want that someone else also join me and share something with me. If anybody else attempts this, please share your results.

Re: Anyone tried Alternative 200 Lines Kernel Patch

I just applied it to an Acer Netbook functioning Ubuntu 10.04; it appears quicker, especially for scrolling and videos, but I could be tricking myself. An Atom N270 wants all the assist it can get. However, the clarification of how it efforts is garbage to me: Every task’s signal structure haves an innate pointer to a recounted autogroup structure having a task group pointer, the default for all tasks pointing to the init_task_group. While a task calls proc_set_tty (), the procedure ample reference to the default group is dropped, a novel task group is shaped, and the procedure is moved into the novel task group. Children after that come into this task group, and raise its refcount. On depart; a reference to the present task group is dropped while the previous reference to every pointer structure is dropped. The task group is shattered while the previous signal structure referencing it is unchained. At runqueue assortment time, if a task has no cgroup assignment, its present autogroup is utilized.

I seemed at that thing and it is interesting but I am previously utilizing Liquorix 2.6.36-0.dmz.13 that has the autogrouping patch. He had to drag it out for dmz.14 although cause a few persons were still getting freezes for the duration of modprobes. But if I am not wrong, dmz.13 does have that similar functionality. And it as well appears to me which you require to be utilizing a vanilla 2.6.36 for that patch to effort. I think that leaves the aptosid kernels out too.

For reasons unconnected to this mod, I had to reinstate from a backup which I made right away earlier than applying the mod. This presented me a chance to do some contrasts. In everyday practice, one of the most theatrical changes is with scrolling. Before, scrolling through a 20,000 line text file by hold down the page down key, the text would persist to scroll a little bit later than releasing the key. After, not just is scrolling obviously quicker, but text stops scrolling as soon as the key is released. Same improvements emerge to exist with browser page loads, and file replication.

I as well, applied this patch to my CrunchBang- Openbox-x64 system. I have a high-end PC with many the whole thing I just like them. Even with the whole thing I utilize for my work running/opened I not at all exercise swap or max out my RAM or CPU. I just applied this patch to my improved 2.6.35 kernel, out of interest. I did not download the BFS kernel only added the patch. At first, I did not observe any upgrading in performance but, now later than a day or so, my CrunchBang/Debian system is even quicker than earlier.