Thread: Automatic logon on Windows 7

Automatic logon on Windows 7

I have Windows 7 on the system and really there are no bigger issues yet here. Now the thing that I have come here for. On Windows XP I was able to get logged in automatically but with Windows 7 I am not able to get this thing working in my case. Please can you all help me with this? After the system boots up I am always stuck at the welcome screen. What is there that is needed to be done so that I can get in to the Windows directly here. I will appreciate any help in the matter whatever risk it may possess here. I just want to have this working. Please come up with the solution soon. Has any one suffered this before or is it like that in Windows 7 it is not at all possible here. I have seen some of the options Grayed out here can you all please tell me a way to recover from that as well. Hope to receive the replies soon in this case here.

Re: Automatic logon on Windows 7

Try to follow the steps below and see if you can get in the Windows directly. Also let me tell you that it is not the feature of this new Operating System. You should be really able to get in the System; well really something is wrong so see if you can get rid with the steps below here: Click on the Start icon and then click on the Run Option there. After this you will be able to see Run Window popping up. You will be required to type CMD in it. After that in the Command Prompt type control userpasswords2 and press the enter key. After this reboot the system and see if you can get the direct entry there. After this if you want you can go into your profile and uncheck the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer for your profile and after that restart the system again and see if you can login automatically by clicking on your profile there.

Well let me clear the things here. If you are having more than one user working on the PC then let me tell you that you will be not able to get yourself logged in automatically there. If you want this to happen automatically then I am of the opinion that you will be required to remove the password from all the profile of the users here. Well as soon as the system starts here; on your screen you will be able to see multiple choices there. This really seems to me the feasible solution in your case. Please let me know if the suggestion that I have made here was really helpful.

Let me know if this really helped you here. Well I have a way by which you will be able to get the Autologin working in your case here. Click on the Start icon and then in the Search box at the bottom type netplwiz. After entering this hit the Enter Key there. If this command does not work in your case then let me tell you that you can make way for the command control userpasswords2 instead. Hope that this really works here. Then finally uncheck the box that has the option as Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click on the Apply button and after that you will see a windows rising asking for the username and the password there. Fill in the appropriate details there and see if this really helps in giving you the Automatic Loging in your case. Let me clarify one more thing that the steps above will work perfectly with Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista.

I have shown up here myself since I have seen that really there cannot be automatic login if there are more than one user on the system; but in the scenario that I have presented here let me tell you that I am the only one accessing the account and I have seen that Windows 7 just keeps me holding on the login screen there. I have eliminated all the other accounts from the Control Panel but that also has really not helped me here. I will try to see for the suggestions that you have made here and will let you know about the progress after this.

You had mentioned in the above post that you have seen some of the options getting grayed so let me tell you that it might be the case that you must be hit with some malicious program and if that is really the case the for sure you can scan your system and see if that can solve the issue of your there. Also if that does not prove to be the remedy then see if you can make another user account and then delete the older account of your and then try to make a login again. Please before deleting that account make sure that you have all the files and the folder backup here. Try this and let me know about the progress. In addition to that se if you can have the Antivirus program installed and that is updated there after this.