Thread: Windows 7: User Accounts Profile missing

Windows 7: User Accounts Profile missing

On Windows 7 that I am having here I have number of users using it and they have their account as well on it. Well that is not the issue there. Now I have seen that when the user tries to login to the account he can see a message saying that the user profile is not loaded correct manner. After that it just gets the user logged in an account. After seeing the login I have seen that Windows make the loggin for that user in with a temporary profile. Please let me know if there is anything with which you all can help me. I will be really glad to have any help in my case above.

Re: Windows 7: User Accounts Profile missing

Well let me tell you that you will be able to get the user back but for that you will be required to see for changes in the Registry and then for sure you will be able to have the user profile working in your case and that too without any issues there. You will be required to login as ADMINISTRATOR and then you will be required to make the necessary amendments in the ProfileList. Open up the RUN Window by clicking the Start icon and then clicking on the Run option there. IN the window type regedit and then see for this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\ .After that you will be required to see for the USER folder i.e. GUID folder. Then after you get the entry there you will have to delete the old profile and you can do that by removing respective .bak file there. Restart the system and see if the suggestion really brings back the user profile there.

Well it seems to me not a big issues at all. Usually with the user accounts as such I have seen this type of the issues. Let me tell you that you will be able to overcome the issue if you can just make a restart on your system. Well this is a minor bug and let me tell you that there is really nothing that you will have to worry about so much indeed there. Make a log off and then again ask your user to make a log in again there and see if this really helps you to see the issue getting resolved here. Please make this here soon and let me know about the result.

I think that there are some of the issues with the user accounts that you have currently on the system and I think that it will be really great if you can delete them all there and make the things to work again here and then see if what I have said is really working in your case there. You will be required to login as the Administrator and then you can go in the Control Panel and then make the necessary changes there and see if after making the new accounts if you can see the issue getting solved here. Let me know about the things that you get after doing the things here.

Well the issue was bearable when it was with the USER and with non admin user accounts well what can you say when it even happens with the Administrative Account as well. When I tried to make an entry into the system using the Administrator account I have seen that it is just not allowing me to get the things happen in the desired manner here. Well before this; what you suggested really worked in my way and I was able to get back the user account. What you all can tell with the Administrator account getting missed here. I was able to get back the account after I restarted the system but I do not think that this will not happen again in my case. Is there nothing that can be done so that I can get rid of this permanently here?

Well really the situation that you have come up here really needs the attention. You can do one thing for sure here; you can run hard drive diagnostic or if not that then you can go with chkdsk instead. If that does not help then you go follow the steps below here: Login as Administrator and remove all the locks that are there on the user profile. After that delete all the files that you can see in the following locations here:
    C:\Users\%username%
    C:\Users\TEMP

After this you get completed in a comprehensive manner then delete the REGISRTY key from this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. Make a restart and see if the issues get solved here.