Thread: Network Logon icon on Windows 7 Welcome Screen

Network Logon icon on Windows 7 Welcome Screen

I have built the PC of mine and really there is no issue yet. I have Windows 7 64 bit installed in it and I have yet not come across with any of the drivers or some other software issue yet. Now the only thing that I want to have on my computer is to have the Network Logon icon. I want it to be displayed on the Windows 7 Welcome Screen and that to prior of getting logged in Windows. Please guide me if there is really a way for this here. I will really appreciate any help in the matter. I am not sure about this but I will like to have this happening in my case here.

Re: Network Logon icon on Windows 7 Welcome Screen

Well looking at the post that you have just made it seems that you were not able to let us know the exact thing that you actually want. Please let me know if you are asking how to get logged in the NETWORK using the Username and the Password at the Network. So if this is the thing then you will be required to just see the steps below: First of all Click on the Start icon and then in the Search box at the Bottom write run and then hit the Enter key. The RUN windows will pop up. In this RUN window you will be required to type control userpasswords2 and then HIT the ENTER key. Now under the Secure logon option you will be required to go in Advanced tab. Under Advanced Tab check Require users to press Alt+Ctrl+Del option. After this please check if Users must enter a user name and password to use option is also checked in there. If not then please make a check on that option as well. Finally restart the system and see if you get the thing that you were looking for.

Really it is not cleared in your post what is the actual thing that you want here. Well it seems that you are referring to the Network logon when you are actually on Virtual Private Network. I am of the opinion that you are asking for the Network logon icon which is placed at the lower right of the Shutdown icon. If that is the case then you will be not able to see this if the VPN has been not set properly. You can get the things set by following the steps that has been given above follow it and make it available to the other entire user as well. After that see that you enter the username and the password properly and see if you can get the logon process in a valid manner here. Let me know the exact thing that you want in your next post.

The situation that I am dealing with is somewhat different. In my case I have seen that Network Login Icon is not getting displayed. I have the Windows Vista running on my system here and I have that running on Acer desktop. There is no issue with the Internet Connection as such. I have seen that is working simply in a fine manner. Now while doing the things I have just noticed that the Computer icon that was placed in the in the lower right hand corner is missing. I tried all the things that I could but really that is also not helping me out here. Has anyone ever come out of this issue here? Will be glad to know the solution in this case here. Waiting for the replies to come in this respect here. Please do come soon on this here.

Try the steps here and see if this can really help you in your case here. In the open space of the notification area make a Right Click there. After that go in the Properties and select the Notification Area. In the System icons please see if you can put a check on the Network there. Well if you do not find anything working or you see any of the options grayed out there then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can have a System Restore done if at all you have made the System Restore for your system there. It seems to me that it is the only way here to go with.

Really let me tell you that making the System Restore is really the answer to all this kinds of bigger issues and if you get the Grayed Icons or the Options are Grayed here. Well that is the other case; what I want you to do is see for the Control Panel and the go in the Network Connection Option in it. Select it and then open up the connection that is live there. After that simply Right Click on it and at the Bottom you will be able to see two options at the Bottom. Please check both the Options there. After this getting successfully done RESTART the system and see if you can find the Network Login Icon in the required place as you actually wanted. If this also does not help the for sure you can try the System Restore.