Thread: Can't install Windows XP??

sad Can't install Windows XP??

Hi guys

This is my first post here.

I'm having trouble with installing Windows XP, after copying files, restarting, the GUI will not show, I'm just getting a black screen after the XP loading screen. I tried taking out printers, USB, and other removable devices from the computer, updating the bios, make only one partition (so all the hard drive can be formatted through the install step), but still didn't work.

I can also mention that I got the GUI showing with another CD, which is an edited version of Windows XP (no license agreement in the installing process, drivers added, a different start menu, etc.), but then the mouse and keyboard does not work to click next and put the key and stuff. I noticed if I take the mouse out and put it in again the red light under the mouse turns on but to no use because it still becomes unusable. I have no PS2 ports neither.

Now I have Windows 7 installed as it is the only one along with vista that worked. But I want to skip to xp as 7 and vista work a bit hard on this PC.

Any advices? Thank you

P.S. my PC model is Dell Optiplex GX520 tower.

Re: Can't install Windows XP??

Regarding your issue i will advise you to remove the RAM stick and then clean the metal part of the RAM Stick with the Eraser and place it back in the machine. Also remove the graphic card if you are having any and then try to clean install the Windows XP. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpah View Post
    Regarding your issue i will advise you to remove the RAM stick and then clean the metal part of the RAM Stick with the Eraser and place it back in the machine. Also remove the graphic card if you are having any and then try to clean install the Windows XP. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this is working for you or not.
    Sorry for my poor english (as I do not understand absolutely all the words), but when you say Eraser are you talking about the simple rubber or a kind of special solution?

Thank you for your answer by the way

No its not specific tools its just a simple rubber that can be used to erase the from notebook. Just use the same to perform the cleanup of the RAM and see whether this is working for you or not.