Thread: Linux Mint 9 crashing regularly

Linux Mint 9 crashing regularly

I have installed Linux Mint 9 on my computer. It gets break down regularly with different program and at the different time. There is no error generated while installing the Linux so I am sure that everything is installed properly. I am really frustrated with this situation. I want to know root cause of the problem as well as solution for the same. Please help me on this annoying situation. Thanks in advance

Re: Linux Mint 9 crashing regularly

Well you have provided very less details about your problem. I want to know configuration of your computer. Also please let me know the empty space on your hard disk. I also want to know whether you have installed external graphic card or not? I also want to know whether complete system goes down or only the desktop. Answers of the all question will help you to figure out the root cause of the problem and accordingly you can plan the solution for the same. So please do me reply as soon as possible. I am waiting for reply.

Looking at your situation I conclude that there is an issue with graphic card that you had installed on your mother board. I am suggesting you that you should update drivers of your graphic card. You should uninstall the drivers from your computer. Reboot your computer and after install the latest driver on your computer. You can find latest Graphic driver from the official website of the graphic card manufacturer.

You can find the error details of the system crash in the /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog directory. You told me that the Linux Mint 9 crashes regularly so you should run the Terminal on the top and see what is happening. You can also use systat command on the terminal. It will let you know whether there is heavy load on the resource of the computer such as RAM,Processor. I also want to know that whether you have tried to memory test of your system by using memtest from the live CD. Use the following instruction I hope it will help you to solve your problem.

Many times system becomes unsteady when you install wrong dependencies on your hard disk. You can use yast from the software management. It allows you to do installation of the software as well as configuration of the hardware. If you don’t have yast on your computer then you can install it from the official website. Well it’s free software. I hope yast will help you to solve your problem. Wish you all the best.

If you are facing so many problems with Linux Mint 9 then why are you not using Linux Mint 10 on your computer? Well it is the simplest solution that I can give you right now. I want to let you know that you should back all the data before installing Linux Mint 10 on your computer. I also want to tell you that you should create 2 live CD of the Linux Mint 10. So it will help you in the future. Thank you very much for reading.