Thread: Moving Files between Ubuntu and Linux Mint 10

Moving Files between Ubuntu and Linux Mint 10

I am using Ubuntu from past 5 months. Well according to my opinion it’s a great operating system. Recently I had updated Ubuntu and I had begun to face problem. So I don’t have time to solve the problem every time. I have decided to change the Ubuntu with Linux Mint 10. What should I do if I want some application that I had installed on Ubuntu and I wanted to be run on the Linux Mint 10? What should I do if I want to roll back to the Ubuntu from Linux Mint 10? I am expecting prompt answer from your side. Please do the needful.

Re: Moving Files between Ubuntu and Linux Mint 10

Yes you are right Ubuntu is a great operating system! Well I am suggesting you to dual boot the Linux Mint 10 and Ubuntu on the system computer. It will better option if you installed both the operating system on the separate hard disk. Another thing I want to tell you that in the dual boot you won’t be able to access Ubuntu application in the Linux Mint 10 and vice versa. You must install the same application in both operating systems individually. However you can access the files from the both Linux Mint 10 and Ubuntu.

Well I am suggesting few steps that may you can apply to create back up of the Ubuntu file which you can use when you want to roll back from Linux Mint 10 to ubuntu. You have to download Mint tools for Ubuntu from the official website. Install it on your computer. This tool will allow you to create back up of the selected software and the file. Now you have to install Linux Mint 10 on your hard disk. Now use Mint tools for Ubuntu software tool to restore all the files that you had selected. So try it and please let me know whether may solution helped you or not.

I am having another solution to solve your query. According to me it is very tedious to perform. However you can try if you needed. You have to do manually install all the packages of the Linux Mint 10 to Ubuntu. But I don’t suggest perform the same since it may make situation worst. Also I want to tell you that there may be problem occur in the Moot of the Linux Mint 10. Thanks for the reading above motioned solution.